Most memorable car movie ever

Paul Dobbin

I liked "Thoroughly Modern Millie". Came out in the 1960s. Starred Julie Andrews, Carol Channing, Mary Tyler Moore and a really neat Pierce Arrow. It was a good movie, but the Pierce was superb.

• 2 weeks later...

"O Brother, Where Art Thou" isn't a car movie but it has my favorite car scene - a center-door T crashing through a burning barn, driven by a kid in a leather aviator helmet, sitting on a couple mail-order catalogs (remember those?), and with wood blocks tied to his feet to reach the pedals.  🤣

8 hours ago, TAKerry said:

How about  'Gran Torino' ?   I have never seen the movie but its Clint Eastwood so it shouldnt be all that bad. My first 'car' was a 72 Gran Torino. I suppose I should watch it!

LOL - literally almost every other word is a swear word.  But yeah - Clint has a Gran Torino.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, CHuDWah said:

"O Brother, Where Art Thou" isn't a car movie but it has my favorite car scene - a center-door T crashing through a burning barn, driven by a kid in a leather aviator helmet, sitting on a couple mail-order catalogs (remember those?), and with wood blocks tied to his feet to reach the pedals.  🤣

But Pappy O'Bannion has a nice Pierce Arrow when he comes to the radio station

7 hours ago, bryankazmer said:

But Pappy O'Bannion has a nice Pierce Arrow when he comes to the radio station

You mean Pappy O'Daniel😉

Another funny scene is crazy George 'Baby Face' Nelson riding on the running board of a 33 Ford, machine-gunning everything in sight, including a field full of cows.