Started the 1932 Studebaker Indy car

Gary_Ash

After 12 years of work, I finally started the engine on the recreated 1932 Studebaker Indy car.  It runs well, makes lots of noise, should be fun to drive.  A few details left to fix, like getting the clutch to release, but it's almost done.  Here's a link to the YouTube video, about 90 seconds worth.

https://youtu.be/EoAyQuAKsv4

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

All your time, patience, thought and enthusiasm is finally getting its reward with the best yet to come. SO very very happy for you.  History recognized, respected, and preserved. I know you are thrilled Gary, but think how happy you will make so many other people when they see, hear etc. this wonderful recreation in motion. You have created some memories for people that have yet to be realized. THAT is sharing our love of old cars.

Walt

Edited by Walt G
typo (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Yes, I thought that starting the car on the 90th anniversary of the 1931 George Hunt-Ab Jenkins Studebaker Indy car running at Indy was a worthwhile date.  I plan to be at the Indy track in September for the Antique Studebaker Club and Studebaker Drivers Club meet.  We won't be allowed on the track that day, but it will be good to be there.

837485639_1931_37Gulottacover.jpg.324c2900d722863dfdc07e58abca333c.jpg

• Like 5