1928 LaSalle Dual Cowl Phaeton for sale in Toronto

Nice car.  Top has some problems so would need to be fixed.  Says “serious enquiries only”, which always turns me off. Post a price, the owner has one in mind, and that weeds out the “non serious” automatically...nothing worse than calling on a car, being serious, and find out it’s priced at twice the market or more...and yes,

it’s happened to me...

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, trimacar said:

Nice car.  Top has some problems so would need to be fixed.  Says “serious enquiries only”, which always turns me off. Post a price, the owner has one in mind, and that weeds out the “non serious” automatically...nothing worse than calling on a car, being serious, and find out it’s priced at twice the market or more...and yes,

it’s happened to me...

Exactly, Put your big boy pants on and post a price. He is most likely fishing..Its a neat car but not a huge dollar car.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, alsancle said:

I’m thinking market is around 50k and he wants 100k?

Don't know his price, but I'd bet it's far greater than actual value. When there's no price it's ALWAYS too high!

Sometimes I think it's just the owner wanting to tell the world how smart or smug they really are. No price? No call from me.

I know where you can buy some identical cars............and the numbers all start below 60k US. Fact is LaSalle's just never bring money. I don't make the rules. I am glad he didn't list it as a Cadillac-LaSalle, seems everyone who owns one wants to use the word Cadillac to describe their LaSalle. 

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Great cars, but LaSalle doesn’t have the name recognition nor panache of the Cadillac name. All the dashes in the world, in between, won’t change that. Mid five digits max,in my opinion,  but still a very nice car.

For what it is worth (since others have already commented). About a year or two ago, there were two different 1928 LaSalle phaeton/touring cars advertised off and on in eBad for several months. Both some shade of blue, and if I recall correctly, both at least part of the time called them a 'Cadillac'. I don't think this is either one of those. The nicer one began fairly high, and dropped down to about $60,000. The other one was more original/older restoration needing some attention. If I recall correctly, it was below $40,000.

Just a comparison, subject to failing memory?