Optical Illusion?

Hudsy Wudsy

9 minutes ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

Someone put a Chevy six in a Hudson and is now trying to sell it. This is probably silly, but take a look and tell me if the engine is in straight:

The odd photo angle makes it look crooked but I think it's straight - looks a little better in this pic:

129896009_3024932774400990_7126699066587

• Like 2

A chev 6 in a nice old Hudson seems under powered and a step down to me. 

We have a well known local 1929 Ford Model A coach with an unexpected replacment motor.

It's a real old time hot rod? Having a Hudson Terraplane 6 installed in 1939 or 40..A gem of an early motor swap ..

The owner and the one who did the engine swap in 39/40  had passed about 4 /5 years..Cleve Curtis.

But the charming unrestored brush painted black car survives in that state and only a real idiot would put original.

Red V8 wire wheels with over sized WW  rubber and sealbeam converted headlamps with tared roof complete the personality .

I drive once at a pick nick..it was a hoot!

downloadfile-8.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CHuDWah said:

The odd photo angle makes it look crooked but I think it's straight - looks a little better in this pic:

129896009_3024932774400990_7126699066587

No it doesn't! 🤨

Mmph. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. But if it had to be done, ah druther see the Six in there than another uninspired SBC swap. 

19 minutes ago, rocketraider said:

No it doesn't! 🤨

Mmph. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. But if it had to be done, ah druther see the Six in there than another uninspired SBC swap. 

My post was in reply to Hudsy's question whether the engine was installed straight.  It wasn't a comment on the suitability of the swap, but you knew that or should have.  OK, "looks STRAIGHT in this pic" - happy now?  🙄

The illusion is caused by the odd lens used in most phone cameras, trying to get the most bang for the buck..(explaned zone picture) by using a type of perverted wide angle lens that easily causes these distortions.Usually depth of field is greater too but things look odd and you don't know why?

A more competent photographer can weigh in..but that is sorta the deal.

Anyway...it's the camera lens dat dooes it.

33 minutes ago, Flivverking said:

The illusion is caused by the odd lens used in most phone cameras, trying to get the most bang for the buck..(explaned zone picture) by using a type of perverted wide angle lens that easily causes these distortions.Usually depth of field is greater too but things look odd and you don't know why?

A more competent photographer can weigh in..but that is sorta the deal.

Anyway...it's the camera lens dat dooes it.

That explains a lot. Thanks.