Jump to content

1935 Auburn on Bring a Trailer


Recommended Posts

It doesn't come up under cars with no reserve so it must have one.  I really wish they made it clearer.  Same deal with the Auburn Pickup. You only really know for sure when it ends that it had a reserve as then it says reserve not met. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

It doesn't come up under cars with no reserve so it must have one.  I really wish they made it clearer.  Same deal with the Auburn Pickup. You only really know for sure when it ends that it had a reserve as then it says reserve not met. 

That is one of ebay's more pleasant features, you know if there is a reserve without much research.  Thank you for clarifying this for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I always appreciate lots of photos, but that photo set is ridiculous. Do we really need EIGHTEEN left front 3/4 shots (yes, I counted)? FIFTEEN right rear 3/4 shots? SEVEN spare tire shots? Is there some critical detail in there that might have gone unnoticed but for the 1-inch difference in focal point?
 

That just feels like padding your stats.

 

Nice car, though.

 

 

Edited by Matt Harwood (see edit history)
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice car.   Given the color and non supercharged status I think the price was fairly strong.   BAT still has some magic.

 

25 years ago I had a buddy with the same car but blown,  he was trying like hell to get 100k but ended up selling for 75 after a year or two.  

 

EDIT:  As far as red on a prewar car goes,  this is as good as it will get.

Edited by alsancle (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/3/2021 at 7:53 AM, alsancle said:

Nice car.   Given the color and non supercharged status I think the price was fairly strong.   BAT still has some magic.

 

25 years ago I had a buddy with the same car but blown,  he was trying like hell to get 100k but ended up selling for 75 after a year or two.  

 

EDIT:  As far as red on a prewar car goes,  this is as good as it will get.

There are two paths - you see stuff in public for sale and then there is stuff being quietly handled (Shawn Miller and I, plus a few others are handling that second path and are doing very well at achieving significantly over 100k) - If the Cabriolet in discussion had been a fresh restoration it would have been signification higher in price.  

 

Auburn's are a mixed bag as there are so few that are really restored to be what they should be (aka most have a laundry list and only in past 10-15 years have parts been available to really take them to the level of what they were as a new car) - they were the original "hot rod" and a bulk of them "driven hard and put away wet" and that takes a lot of effort to resolve - but, the glory is they are fabulous cars when someone spends the time on one that each one deserves.  My point:  The day's of open 851/852 cars under 100K (Supercharged or non-supercharged) are near non existent anymore and if you are looking at a car for under 100 it probably has a laundry list of flaws to it.  

 

Keep in mind that an 850-851-852 Auburn is near the finest driving car pre-1953, and a Cord is the first (albeit few Cords are restored and/or maintained to demonstrate that). 

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/3/2021 at 7:53 AM, alsancle said:

Nice car.   Given the color and non supercharged status I think the price was fairly strong.   BAT still has some magic.

 

25 years ago I had a buddy with the same car but blown,  he was trying like hell to get 100k but ended up selling for 75 after a year or two.  

 

EDIT:  As far as red on a prewar car goes,  this is as good as it will get.


 

Given it’s an auction and the buyer didn’t inspect the car in person.........it’s too much money for the risk involved.  It doesn’t take too many issues to add ten grand to get the car sorted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, edinmass said:


 

Given it’s an auction and the buyer didn’t inspect the car in person.........it’s too much money for the risk involved.  It doesn’t take too many issues to add ten grand to get the car sorted.

Hell that's on a Dodge. Ask me how I know. ;) 

 On an Auburn it could be more. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...