F/S 1951 Chrysler Windsor $9950 Loaded w/ accessories

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/825061474696365

Owner states:

“Classic car 1951 Chrysler Windsor, new rebuilt motor, flat head 6 cylinder, 2 speed fluid automatic, new battery and muffler. Original style white wall tires. Beautiful classic ride. “

I have no interest in this sale. You must be signed in to Facebook to see.

50A95D88-8B43-4A62-B8C3-D4F6F6ECB0F3.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The 55er said:

Owner could hardly wait for his J.C. Whitney catalog to arrive each month. He should lose those rear fender top ornaments for sure.

😄 Good one!  Those "eyebrows" over the headlights also need to go -- I never understood the point of those.

• Like 1

LOL! Yes, I guess it's a little too adorned with knick knacks. I don't like seeing even one pair of fuzzy dice in a classic. I still really like this car, though. It's clean, and while many Mopars of the early '50's are a little plain, the Chryslers still have some style. Besides, if Stalin's Red Army ever attacks, you could put that visor in the full down position and probably survive an atomic blast! 😉

• Haha 1

On 10/31/2020 at 1:33 PM, Jeff Perkins / Mn said:

“Classic car 1951 Chrysler Windsor, new rebuilt motor, flat head 6 cylinder, 2 speed fluid automatic, new battery and muffler. Original style white wall tires. Beautiful classic ride. “

2 speed fluid automatic - I guess the seller means that the fluid drive tranny has 2 "ranges", Lo and Drive, with each range having 2 speeds.  It makes you wonder if the seller fully understands how to operate the transmission in this car, which makes me wonder just how long he has been the owner.

I do really like the car, but would have to do away with most of the "geegaws" - especially the dice and the sun visor.

12 hours ago, suchan said:

That is one BIG visor. If it was in the proper position, you couldn't hardly see forward.

Can't help but wonder how many holes it would leave in the body if it was removed. 

• Like 1

Here in the East, we had Western Auto stores that carried a whole selection of those automotive accessories among their household, outdoor and recreational product lines.  'Personalizing' your car was common then, even if some of the items look a bit over-the-top now.   Honestly, I don't remember ever seeing the fuzzy dice.

1 hour ago, 58L-Y8 said:

I don’t recall seeing fuzzy dice until I watched American Graffiti when it first came out. In the late 60’s and early 70’s we were into jacking up the rear of our cars, big -n- littles and Crager or Keystone mags.

Edited by Jeff Perkins / Mn (see edit history)

These type sunvisors usually had 2 mounting clips that clamped over the center windshield divider moulding and it looks like they mounted the lower one on the upper part of the divider. Unfortunately the way it sits up so high and has a abnormal "pointy" appearance to the very top back center it must have another support up there with holes drilled in the roof.

• Like 1