1909 bartholemu

JustDave

Has anyone heard of a bartholemu,there is a basket case for sale on Facebook forgotten projects,they say it is a 1909 but from the looks of the cowl I would say teens,needs wood it says,2500 is cheap money for any project let alone an early car,just never heard or seen a bartholemu,   Dave

First off, it Is a "Glide" automobile. Built by the Bartholomew Company. Glide automobiles were built from about 1902 until about 1920 when the company dropped the Glide and moved to join Avery trucks. I got some of that from Wikipedia. Some of it I knew. Their famous slogan was "Ride in a Glide, then decide!" (that I did not have to lookup!).

Secondly, it appears to be late 1910s. It is a long way from being 1909.

It is a rare car! Actually appears to be mostly there, and not in terribly bad condition. Believe me, I have restored much worse! I Have only seen two or three of them in my years looking at as many early automobiles as I can, one of them in the Harrah collection. Ten years ago? I would be trying to buy something like this! Now I hope I can restore a few of the projects I already have of equal or greater historic value.

• Like 4

Thanks for the knowledge wayne,when I first glanced at the adi thought I should call a buddy of mine in New Mexico and have him go pick it up for me,but I resisted,I studied the pictures a little closer and figured with a six cylinder and the rounded cowl it was probably late teens or early twenties, god knows I don’t need or want another project but the rough ones intrigue me for some reason,when I was a young man one of my mentors always said if you don’t save them they’ll be lost forever,now I have to stop looking at the ad before I do something foolish,    Dave

Or cut up into a street rod. ..or sent to a scrapper. That would be a shame for such a rare car. Who wouldn't  want to own a car that only 2 others like it exist? If I  didn't have so many major projects right now and/or a place to store it, I'd be all over it. Sounds like a motivated seller, so the price might still be soft.