BAD NEWS: Hershey Car Show Canceled. GOOD NEWS: Special Fall Nationals - Nov 6-7, Gettysburg PA

Peter Gariepy

I bring a Subway Sub for lunch when in Meets and Shows. There is a Subway Food directly across the Rt 15 bridge. You can spend the day of the Show with your Car and not miss Judging and answer questions, etc.

One other recommendation, when they call for Awards take the AACA Registration Card off you wind shield and take it with you to the awards location.

If you Win an award it speeds up the process for the people recording the award, and saves them from finding their copy. 

• Like 1

Guest Mark McAlpine
On 10/18/2020 at 7:27 PM, Joe Block said:

I have stay at the Courtyard.  it a fine hotel. I like it and booked the same for Nov 5-6-7.  A little less in restaurant choices, but you can easily walk over to the Wyndham to eat or do takeout, or drive to the nearby fast food places with a few miles.  Here a Walmart near too, if you prefer cold cut in your room. 

Appalachian Brewing Company is in front of both hotels and has good food (and beer), too.  Try the Outta Focus IPA.

On 10/24/2020 at 11:22 AM, dalef62 said:

Will there be food vendors on the show flied on Friday night or Saturday?

Thanks to all that are putting this together on short notice!!!!  And to all that want to complain, don't!!! 

When the Grand National was held at this location a few months ago there were 4 or 5 food trucks/trailers selling Breakfast & Lunch food on Saturday at the show. Sure hope they use these same vendors for this National. The food was good and reasonably priced. FYI, there were no food vendors there on that Friday. On that Friday I got take-out lunch and dinner at the Windham and ate it in my room. For me it wasn't worth the effort to unhitch my tow vehicle to go off-site for food. Since I am driving my DPC vehicle to this National I'll have more options for food on Friday. Saturday morning I will probably get breakfast from one of the food vendors since I am judging which means there is no way to know when I'll get lunch. 

Does anyone know the final count of vehicles registered for this National?  Paging Steve M. or Stan K.......

4 hours ago, Matt Harwood said:

Snow in Pennsylvania in November?

im_shocked.gif

Drove through a some snow flurries this morning on the way to my client. No big deal. To warm here for anything more over the weekend.  BTW, I'm about 60-70 miles east of Hershey. Snow in November is not very common around here but it has happened on rare occasions in the past usually toward the end of the month.