Towing illegally parked cars in Europe forget the winch and dolly wheels

Mark Gregory

Those devices have been common in France for years.    We saw them in action in Paris before I purchased my first smart phone and I haven't been back to Paris since 2011.  Impressive!!  I had forgotten all about them until your post.

• Like 1

Didn't look like it was on its wheels. Repo and carjacker's delight but only works for parallel parking (and malls have been narrowing their spaces to get more cars in). Wonder if it can pick up from either side, most of Europe drives on the right.

That motorcycle tow rig thing looks scary.

That bike would have to have huge brakes and if one was to have to panic stop that towed car would likely push the bike right into a wreck.

How do you suppose it would handle in the rain?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JACK M said:

That motorcycle tow rig thing looks scary.

That bike would have to have huge brakes and if one was to have to panic stop that towed car would likely push the bike right into a wreck.

How do you suppose it would handle in the rain?

I don't know any more about it than what's shown on the video.  The Retreiver would have to have it's own brakes tied into the motorcycle brake system, or maybe a surge brake setup.  It would have to or otherwise the car would push the bike all over the road when braking.

• 2 weeks later...

Follow the cables to the boom and tell how that works.  Especially going around the two pullies in the middle. There is a cable or rod coming from the top of the mast that seems to stop between the pullies. 

PS 

Finely figured it out. Was a little tough because of the photo quality. 

Edited by Fossil (see edit history)