YouTube Reatta Review

Howard

20 hours ago, Y-JobFan said:

Doug is a putz, his reviews are full of misinformation, he reviews all cars to today’s standards, and he has zero qualifications 

On U-tube anyone can say he is an expert. We are in an era when a so called "DR." Phil can play being a therapist. 

Like him or not, I was excited to get the Reatta some modern attention and my car was almost going to be his subject matter.  However after some great initial communication and a lot of interest on his part,  I took some time to perfect mine and when I hit him up again, nothing, no replies.  Aw well.  

image.thumb.png.a1d766242b6536e673f782ace11112bc.png

I saw a post elsewhere saying at least the owner of the white one could have cleaned it to make it look halfway presentable. I don't think any of mine have been that dirty even after a long trip in rainy weather.  I would be ashamed for my car to be seen that filthy 

Looked like it was a dealer car with lotsa miles. Could see some paint issues also. Never cared for the Reatta while, had too much yellow and more of a cream. Personally like code 10 Arctic White better.

I guess I must be the only person here that actually liked the video. I had added it to the list of videos on ROJ before it was posted on this forum.  I thought he did a fantastic job of describing the unique features of the the Reatta, especially the electronics. Better than any other Reatta video I've seen.  I also thought his road test was spot on about performance, and handling. The Reatta certainly isn't a thrilling car to drive and GM never intended it to be. I wish they had given it more power but they didn't and I accept that.

I didn't agree with him on how the Reatta looks but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I love the way the Reatta looks myself but I respect the opinion of those who don't. If the Reatta he reviewed had been a different color with a nice set of wheels he might have felt differently about the looks of the Reatta. Who knows.

His "Dougscore" at the end was irrelevant to me and was nothing more than a personal opinion from someone who knows nothing about a Reatta. But since he rated the Reatta about the same as the Buick Grand National and the Pontiac Fiero of the same time period I think his rating was fair.  I don't know what kind of review or rating you guys were expecting from an outsider who isn't familiar with a Reatta but I think he was giving his honest opinion. I didn't get a sense that he was out to belittle the Reatta in his review.  I think he was just telling us how he felt from his first encounter with a Buick Reatta.

546014890_Screenshot_2020-07-10FavoriteBuickReattaVideos.png.57d3c27c321010ab50e4c96f1c3f4457.png

• Like 1

How could it be spot on in high mileage obviously not a well kept Reatta?  I have had both high mileage and low mileage and there is no comparison driving a high mileage versus a low mileage one. NONE.  Spend some time watching his whiney reviews and you will grow to hate him also 

1 hour ago, Y-JobFan said:

Spend some time watching his whiney reviews and you will grow to hate him also 

I'll never grow to hate someone because of what they write about a car. Disagree with them maybe, but not hate them. 

There is enough hate in this world right now without me adding to it.

I watch Doug from time to time.  Not really interested in any of his commentary per se, but do enjoy getting a close up look of some of the neat cars he reviews.  I am surprised over the overall appearance of the Reatta he was reviewing.  It looked sort of on the rough side.  He could have at the very least washed it.  On the plus side, all the electronics worked correctly.  One thing I noticed on the subject vehicle, it was equipped with the Twilight Sentential.  I thought that was only available on the Riviera. It seems I recall a post many years ago regarding how to install that feature on a Reatta.   Also the delay switch on the wiper control appeared different than I remembered.  I don't really care if he liked the car on not.  I enjoyed mine for the 10 years I owned it.  I'm sure many members of the forum like their cars a lot as well.

• Like 2

I noticed a couple oddities as well and the somewhat grungy appearance seemed odd for a feature subject, but overall I was impressed with the operational quality. When he mentioned the owner told him the taillight contained eleven bulbs, I did immediately question the accuracy of what followed, but that’s picking nits. 

9 hours ago, Howard said:

I watch Doug from time to time.  Not really interested in any of his commentary per se, but do enjoy getting a close up look of some of the neat cars he reviews.  I am surprised over the overall appearance of the Reatta he was reviewing.  It looked sort of on the rough side.  He could have at the very least washed it.  On the plus side, all the electronics worked correctly.  One thing I noticed on the subject vehicle, it was equipped with the Twilight Sentential.  I thought that was only available on the Riviera. It seems I recall a post many years ago regarding how to install that feature on a Reatta.   Also the delay switch on the wiper control appeared different than I remembered.  I don't really care if he liked the car on not.  I enjoyed mine for the 10 years I owned it.  I'm sure many members of the forum like their cars a lot as well.

its a riv headlight switch.i have the same switch.