1932 chrysler 3 window coupe

B campbell

3 minutes ago, sunnybaba said:

Some guys, really enjoy a challenge..... some people don't realize exactly what they are getting into whan they take on a project like this..... some folks have realized thathey would have a better chance of finishing a project, if they started out with a vehicle that was 90% or more complete.... Like this good running 1932 Chrysler CL that I just bought for next to nothing...... It can be road-worthy and drive-able within a year, without a huge expense.......

thumbnail?appId=YMailNorrin&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=2.2

The photo does not show up.

• Like 1

Some guys, really enjoy a challenge..... some people don't realize exactly what they are getting into whan they take on a project like this..... some folks have realized thathey would have a better chance of finishing a project, if they started out with a vehicle that was 90% or more complete.... Like this good running 1932 Chrysler CL that I just bought for next to nothing...... It can be road-worthy and drive-able within a year, without a huge expense......

32 chrysler.jpg

• Like 7

I feel very Blessed...... I was sent a buyer for my Franklin... within the first two weeks of putting it up For Sale.... getting my full asking price...... then finding this solid, running Chrysler at a very reasonable price, just as the money to buy it...... is coming in from the sale of the Franklin.... then to top it all off ..... the man who bought the Franklin is driving down from Wisconsin, with an empty enclosed trailer, to get the Franklin..... and is passing right near the home of the Chrysler, and will pick up up for me on his way here to southern New Mexico.......  as I say, I feel very Blessed by Life ItSelf........ as all the doors open as I walk up to them.... without even Knocking on them....

62,000 original miles......  second owner......    no smoke or weird noises..... only surface rust... 3 new tires ...... starts right up, shifts smooth and stop well........ who could ask for more...???  

image1.jpeg

image9.jpeg

image8.jpeg

Edited by sunnybaba (see edit history)
  • Like 4

32chryster Cp.... It is a 6 cylinder 82 hp..... But I have bought a flat  head 6, out of a 1951 dodge truck, that is newly rebuilt that has 95 hp, new clutch/pressure plate and a rebuilt 4 speed syncro-mesh transmission .... I may also switch out the front and rear axle with better brakes and steering..... we will see...... I am NOT about keeping it all original.... I am about being practical about improving it's drive ability... not building a hot rod or rat rod... just upgrading the performance.... 'a little', ........ using later Chrysler products ....  I may even turn it into a 1932 Chrysler pickup .... as so many practical people did, back in the day,..... who needed a good farm truck, for their farms...  I know many here at aaca, .......would see this as molesting or ruining a good original vintage vehicle.....   different strokes, for different folks.... We all have different points of view...🙄

I have a Ford Model T hub/grease cap in my collection.  With a good chunk of money and lots of time I’m sure I can have a running and driving T made from it.  You folks who start with nothing and make a car from it are incredible.  I do think sunnybaba is on to something where you find a halfway decent Prewar car to start with for not a lot of $$$.

21 hours ago, B campbell said:

I just picked this up 1932 Chrysler 3 window coupe  and I'm looking for some info the vin is 753179  any info would be great. and yes it needs alot of work , already located a frame and may have a lead on doors

DSCN2081.JPG

A little information....

IMG_8171 (2).JPG

IMG_8172 (2).JPG

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sunnybaba said:

62,000 original miles......  second owner......    no smoke or weird noises..... only surface rust... 3 new tires ...... starts right up, shifts smooth and stop well........ who could ask for more...??? 

Hmmm?

I appreciate the car is yours to do with as you see fit sunnybaba.

Personally I think it's just a little sad that this car survives 88 years in such complete, original condition only to be chopped up now.

I suppose one man's blessing can be another's curse.

7 hours ago, sunnybaba said:

32chryster Cp.... It is a 6 cylinder 82 hp..... But I have bought a flat  head 6, out of a 1951 dodge truck, that is newly rebuilt that has 95 hp, new clutch/pressure plate and a rebuilt 4 speed syncro-mesh transmission .... I may also switch out the front and rear axle with better brakes and steering..... we will see...... I am NOT about keeping it all original.... I am about being practical about improving it's drive ability... not building a hot rod or rat rod... just upgrading the performance.... 'a little', ........ using later Chrysler products ....  I may even turn it into a 1932 Chrysler pickup .... as so many practical people did, back in the day,..... who needed a good farm truck, for their farms...  I know many here at aaca, .......would see this as molesting or ruining a good original vintage vehicle.....   different strokes, for different folks.... We all have different points of view...🙄

Sunny, If you chop up that Chrysler your blessings may dry up. ....... That's way to nice of car to monkey up. Im sorry, but there are so many shitboxes on the market, you should reconsider.

• Like 4

Sunny, the car is not a CP, as a CP has an 8-cylinder engine. It is a model CI. If you follow your expressed plan to ruin a good car, please made the discarded parts available to other people who would restore their cars. Do let this list know when you do give up on that project, as so many do. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sunnybaba said:

I'm am sorry that I high-jacked this thread... please no more comments or questions for sunnybaba

It's OK. We all get off track once in a while.

W

On 6/9/2020 at 6:49 PM, lump said:

B Campbell...do you plan to restore your cab into an original car, or a hot rod? Very different challenges, for sure. 

I have looked for this model for over a year and I know its very rough so may have to go the Hot rod route

6 minutes ago, B campbell said:

W

I have looked for this model for over a year and I know its very rough so may have to go the Hot rod route

Try this place for some help, also....be certain to introduce yourself before asking questions.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/forums/the-hokey-ass-message-board.5/

• Like 1