Mark Hyman starts series of videos on cars

1935Packard

Many forum members are familiar with Mark Hyman's dealership in St. Louis.  Looks like Hyman has started posting short videos of some of the cars he's offering.  Potentially interesting in part because he talks about the significance/interest of the car model generally, in addition to details of the car for sale.  It's not super-polished, I gather a reflection of the coronavirus circumstances, but still of potential interest.  The two most recent videos are below. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TTR said:

Look, (yet) another used car dealer creating online marketing videos for available inventory ...

...what a novel concept. 🙄

You just can't find a way to not be unkind, can you?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The first thing I thought of when I saw the Hyman videos was gee, Matt's been doing this for a long time very effectively.....

Visiting Hyman's is fascinating, huge facility with high quality cars.  He deals in the kind of cars where being priced fairly or priced higher is a minor consideration, as apparently a lot of his clientele want the best and are willing to pay for it.

He also does a lot of legwork and networking.  I'm familiar with a small collection in a small town owned by an older gentleman, who has a car I sold him and I'd like to get back.  I really didn't much think that many people knew about it.  When I talked to him a little while back about the car, the statement was something like "Well, you'd have to beat Hyman's offer....."

18 minutes ago, edinmass said:

Matt......that’s not a Mark Hyman photo.......it’s me driving a JN. I have hair, and will admit to be better looking than Mark.........🤔

The forum apparently prefers Duesenbergs. I post a link and somehow it picks out your photo as the face of it. I suppose I can't complain about the software's good taste.

Edited by Matt Harwood (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not being in or anywhere near the financial level to afford a car like Mark sells I have often wondered if his prices are reasonable for the level of car he sells.  That being said I look at his inventory at least once a month or more.  The cars he has are amazing. Some of the descriptions get a little carried away with hype but that's even OK. He is trying to draw attention to the car and sell it, makes sense to me.  I do appreciate the factual information he provides on all the cars and he does a good job with the pictures.  His is not the only site I like to look at for this level of car. I have no afillation with his company but wouldn't mind working for him and being around automobiles like that all the time.

Dave S 

Gentlemen, the car you want, whatever it is, can be purchased reasonably.........It’s just LOTS of HARD work. I routinely buy cars that are “very expensive” and “beyond the working mans price range” all the time for very little money. But how do you ask? I look two hours a day, every day. Yes, I strike out 99.9 percent of the time. If you make ten offers a week, you will buy three cars a year. It’s just a matter of tenacity and discipline. Try it, it works great. 

Kind of like when Thomas Edison was told he fail a thousand times to make the light bulb - he said something like " I didn't fail 1000 times I found out 1000 ways not to make a light bulb" !  

The problem I have is if I was successful that one time I would have to explain to my better half why I needed another old car! 

dave s

6 hours ago, Matt Harwood said:

What, like this?

Thanks, Matt, for the links -- I didn't know you did these, too.   I look forward to watching them, especially the Marmon one.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, trimacar said:

The first thing I thought of when I saw the Hyman videos was gee, Matt's been doing this for a long time very effectively.....

Visiting Hyman's is fascinating, huge facility with high quality cars.  He deals in the kind of cars where being priced fairly or priced higher is a minor consideration, as apparently a lot of his clientele want the best and are willing to pay for it.

He also does a lot of legwork and networking.  I'm familiar with a small collection in a small town owned by an older gentleman, who has a car I sold him and I'd like to get back.  I really didn't much think that many people knew about it.  When I talked to him a little while back about the car, the statement was something like "Well, you'd have to beat Hyman's offer....."

That's exactly what I thought however, I've only seen them in the For Sale section of the forum and not the General Section.