Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

Oh nasty. Someone needs fencing instruction.

Looks like a nearly new Oldsmobile, Can't make out the year on the license plate, but the car might be about 1926? Several people standing there staring at the wreckage. I hope nobody was seriously hurt.

17 hours ago, keiser31 said:

I wonder if this 1927 Lincoln is the same car?

Has to be - only one was made and appeared first at the custom body salons in 1927 and in advertising by Judkins who created it. I have the original artwork/illustration/rendering  of the car that was used in the Lincoln magazine and sales portfolio as well as the salon program advertising. Art work is opaque water color and fairly large and was found in an antique store in Ct. by a friend of mine who immediately called me and asked "do you want it" ?  Car wound up in a southern Ca. collection /garage before Harrah's bought and restored it. It was in fairly good condition when found. the car in pictures is striking but in person is even more outstanding . A total comment on the horseless carriage era and transition to motorized vehicle chassis.

• Like 6

SPECIAL REQUEST from all of you who attend Hershey - When you see any AACA official or someone from HQ or a moderator ( if you can identify them) PLEASE THANK THEM for continuing to allow this topic/post /thread. I feel a number of people look here most days to see what is new in old  to make you feel good.  It takes a lot of effort to keep this under control , more then anyone can ever realize. Show AACA your appreciation - a simple 'thank you for what you do ' can mean a lot. My thanks to all of them for their patience and putting up with me .

Walt

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Walt G said:

SPECIAL REQUEST from all of you who attend Hershey - When you see any AACA official or someone from HQ or a moderator ( if you can identify them) PLEASE THANK THEM for continuing to allow this topic/post /thread. I feel a number of people look here most days to see what is new in old  to make you feel good.  It takes a lot of effort to keep this under control , more then anyone can ever realize. Show AACA your appreciation - a simple 'thank you for what you do ' can mean a lot. My thanks to all of them for their patience and putting up with me .

Walt

Good word, Walt. 

• Like 1

Here's a little-known photo of a '23 Peerless Model 66 Phaeton taken from the side. A similar shot is well-known, taken from the front, of the same women and their V8 4- passenger car. These were $3,000 cars.

source: Jalopy Journal
Vintage shots from days gone by! | Page 5926 | The H.A.M.B.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, jeff_a said:

Bette Davis in 1900 garb...

Any more pictures of this car? Was it in a movie?

Anybody know what it is?

I am sure it isn't (probably?),but a few details that can be seen are very close to my circa 1899 unknown builder gasoline carriage. I sure would like to see more of this car.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jeff_a said:

Ivy Cummings and her mother in their race car...Brooklands, 1920.

The Brooklands track in Surrey England still exists! The Brooklands Society has had annual reunions there for years and at one tie surviving race drivers that drove on the track when it was being used attended. I have been to the reunions and they are spectacular. It was a concrete track with banked area t the top edge to let the race cars gain speed , also had a test hill at centre.