Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

11 hours ago, nzcarnerd said:

Another one from Whangarei, New Zealand. The triangle badge on the car suggests maybe Hudson but nothing else seems to match.

May be an image of 1 person, lumberyard and text

Could have been assembled by a local coachbuilder, maybe pre-GM Holden.

Craig

11 hours ago, 8E45E said:

Could have been assembled by a local coachbuilder, maybe pre-GM Holden.

Craig

I think our Hudsons arrived fully assembled, though some were modified into service cars.

The only Holden body stuff to come to NZ are private imports brought in used, like my 1934 Buick that arrived in 1946.

That Aubrun is loaded with accessories - front bumper, the Marchal headlamps , tire covers, mirrors on tire covers stone guard with owners monogram?, interesting mascot too.

Note the painted ( not plated) wiper motors. Marchal had a major accessory store in NY City offering its lamps for any make of car. Car has "joisey" plates on it so perhaps the extra equipment came from one place/source .

Edited by Walt G (see edit history)
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Walt G said:

That Aubrun is loaded with accessories - front bumper, the Marchal headlamps , tire covers, mirrors on tire covers stone guard with owners monogram?, interesting mascot toop.

Note the painted ( not plated) wiper motors. Marchal had a major accessory store in NY City offering its lamps for any make of car. Car has "joisey" plates on it so perhaps the extra equipment came from one place/source .

Radiator cap looks like a 1929-30 Chrysler winged cap with added item on top.

Picture 28335.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Walt G said:

That Aubrun is loaded with accessories - front bumper, the Marchal headlamps , tire covers, mirrors on tire covers stone guard with owners monogram?, interesting mascot too.

What are “joisey plates”?

21 hours ago, Walt G said:

Obviously, somebody's baby.   Very rarely did a 8-9 year old car look that good from that era where the paint still shines like new.

Something tells me it still survives, provided it made it through the war years.

Craig

• Like 2

A.J.,

Note the spotlights and siren. Went to Cleveland Chief of Police George Matowitz. Yes -- a 1932 Custom Eight 7-Passenger Sedan...............built from parts and finished November 7th, 1931. I suppose you would find room in your carriage house if this Custom Eight surfaced. Actually, I found the Serial Number Plate for this one....last ser. # in the model sequence of 555 motorcars. C-70,555. Some guy on ebay had it for 10 or 20 bucks, I think, and a friend active in the Lincoln Club bought it.*

There was a novel about finding a rare Stutz about 5 years ago with gangland connections. One could do something like that with this I.D. plate. Chief Matowitz -- Eliot Ness(George's boss) -- Peerless history -- did Cleveland have organized crime in the 30's and 40s?

* You may know him, the former owner of the green Peerless Custom 8 Tom Laferriere sold, that went to a NJ restoration shop owner later on.

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)