Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

4 hours ago, George K said:

08388E92-ABE2-48FC-A593-D2F9493F6E7C.jpeg.2dc86f9b583c7f24ab534f9213320e7d.jpeg

Looks like old "stone face" Buster Keeton on the running board! I don't recognize the image from any movie I have seen.

Car is a Lincoln. Probably about 1931 I think?

His career wasn't doing so well about that time, mostly due to personal problems.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, George K said:

A2665CF2-6FB0-4E5D-A9B7-45618A7D5DC4.jpeg.8230634271ed211c61d393dafdf8b589.jpeg

A really interesting and unusual modified model T Ford. I am not sure what to call it?

The "4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse" is probably the 1921 feature film starring Rudolph Valentino! I have seen that film on a big theatre screen accompanied by an organist that made a specialty career playing along with silent era movies. I don't recall which such organist it was, there were several doing that some years back and I saw quite a number of films that way!

I saw several of Rudolph Valentino's better known films on the big screen. "The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse"  was actually quite good!

2 hours ago, wayne sheldon said:

A really interesting and unusual modified model T Ford. I am not sure what to call it?

The "4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse" is probably the 1921 feature film starring Rudolph Valentino! I have seen that film on a big theatre screen accompanied by an organist that made a specialty career playing along with silent era movies. I don't recall which such organist it was, there were several doing that some years back and I saw quite a number of films that way!

I saw several of Rudolph Valentino's better known films on the big screen. "The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse"  was actually quite good!

The_Buffalo_Times_Sun__Aug_28__1921_.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

Nice car, odd photo...

Kind of surprised to see Sach getting counsel from Slip Mahoney at the helm...

Actually, I believe that is Cliff Edwards "Ukelele Ike", a lifelong friend of "The Great Stone Face". They stared together in the 1930 film "The Doughboys" 

d18ce38eedf0527b849c4f96fe411076.jpg08388E92-ABE2-48FC-A593-D2F9493F6E7C.jpeg.2dc86f9b583c7f24ab534f9213320e7d.jpeg

Edited by jukejunkie1015
photo added (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Steam car ambulance?

White-Ambulance.jpg

Sorry, ma'am, we can't respond to your home to get your husband who has had a heart attack until we build up steam in the ambulance.  We'll be on our way in 45 minutes or so....

1 minute ago, Grimy said:

Sorry, ma'am, we can't respond to your home to get your husband who has had a heart attack until we build up steam in the ambulance.  We'll be on our way in 45 minutes or so....

Come on George!   You know a White has a flash boiler and can be moving in something like 2 minutes.   We have a White expert in this thread so maybe he can comment?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, alsancle said:

j.jpg

In the background is the Wheeler and Schebler Carburetor Company, maybe at the Indy Speedway in those days. 

See the Wikipedia article on the company. Interesting!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheeler–Schebler_Carburetor_Company#:~:text=The Wheeler–Schebler Carburetor Company,decades of the 20th century.

P.S. Here is the story of Jules Goux.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jules_Goux

Edited by Gary_Ash (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1