Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

21 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

It sounds like nothing new was uncovered for you? I’ll keep my eye out for other info as I research. 

Are you looking for anything more specific other than 1921-27 with Ansted? 

Thanks for the kind offer 30DodgePanel, but I am really very happy just being a member here and seeing what lucky dip/ grab bag? or random information, and pictures turn up whenever I view.

Regarding the Lexingtons, I thought I should ask as someone might have had one in their family, or neighbourhood, as rare as they are.

And that internet, still has lots of gaps when you are looking for good stuff. Thanks again. Rod.

13 hours ago, Rod P said:

Thanks for the kind offer 30DodgePanel, but I am really very happy just being a member here and seeing what lucky dip/ grab bag? or random information, and pictures turn up whenever I view.

Regarding the Lexingtons, I thought I should ask as someone might have had one in their family, or neighbourhood, as rare as they are.

And that internet, still has lots of gaps when you are looking for good stuff. Thanks again. Rod.

There was a 1920s Lexington under restoration floating around Lithgow (Australia) about 10 years ago. I'll see if I have any photos of it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

Some more for those who haven't seen it before. 

OIP.ukwdiQdpk-3Wm-AEGMzBBQHaDI?pid=ImgDet&rs=1

Note Briggs Mfg Co sign

1933%2BSterkenburg%2Bon%2Bdisplay%2B-%2BFord%2Bimage%2B-%2Bcropped.jpg

These are two of the four Briggs Manufacturing Co. rear-engine prototypes designed by John Tjaarda  that led to the Lincoln-Zephyr.   The upper image is the functional prototype No. 4, the lower image is the wooden mock-up prototype No. 1 that was shown to the public at the 1933-'34 Century of Progress in Chicago.

• Thanks 1

Downtown Auckland, New Zealand, circa 1919. I don't know what the touring car in the foreground is but I can tell it is not a Buick or a Dodge. It might be an Oakland.

Lots of trams there. Auckland did away with its tram system in the mid 1950s.

May be an image of 11 people, street and text

• Like 4

Another period shot from Auckland, New Zealand. The Grafton bridge was built across a gully in 1910. This photo is from early 1928, judging by the registration plates, and what I think is a new Ford driving away from the camera. The bridge is now buses only I think. The old public toilets on the left are still there.

Grafton Bridge 28.jpg

Web capture_3-7-2023_12711_www.google.com.jpeg

• Like 4