Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

Here you go @Walt G.

What can you tell us about the Allen-Kingston coaches or the Gunboat? I found an ad online that states they were produced by "The New York Car & Truck Co". 

Any truth to that?

I would think the design lineup for taxi and limo were very, very limited

1910 Taxi

view

1909 Gunboat

image.png.848b821fe6ff2cf69b28afa1a4cb151c.png

image.png.1755c29d287276cbdfc27f782f84b90c.png

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

image.png.197432dca6c7a395ea2d158f46d046f6.png

That is an amazingly large price differential where the expensive brands are 50% more than the cheap brand. Was the Lion Head brand really that much better than Gilmore?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

More from New York unknown date

image.png.4b4ba6ff4a71b81474ce1f1506c776be.png

1904 St Louis

More later as I have time. Let me know if the doubles are something of interest or not.

image.png.070840677d2586a9566e4c3266636dc4.png

The car in the background of the dealership photo appears to be a Lozier, circa 1910. The steering wheel on the chassis also appears to be Lozier. Their steering wheels  were quite distinctive. A good friend had one years ago.

As for those "doubles"? Are they actual "stereopticon" images? If so, they could be printed out in appropriate size and viewed in 3-D with a vintage stereopticon viewer. that would be really neat! I have a couple of those viewers, and a few hundred stereopticon cards, however very few with automobiles. They were always too expensive for my wallet. Just another neat item from the past to collect and enjoy.

My old computer "print" programs had the capability to adjust size and years ago I printed out a few stereopticon photos from the internet for my viewer. The old programs I paid good money for were made obsolete by changes in operating systems, and no longer function. The new programs do not allow sizing options adequate for the viewers unless one pays dearly for them. Don't get me started.

• Like 1