1950 chrysler windsor

I have a 50 Windsor  I am parting out or sell as hole car . It is a solid car very little rust on the body . most of the pot metal is pitted. The engine ran when I got the car .Going to scrape it in the spring if not gone , To much around here have to clean up . king32

• 2 weeks later...

The car ran when I got it, That was about 4 years ago .. I don't know the name of the trans it is auto with a clutch . I can get some pictures . Kings32

On 3/12/2020 at 5:20 PM, kings32 said:

The car ran when I got it, That was about 4 years ago .. I don't know the name of the trans it is auto with a clutch . I can get some pictures . Kings32

It's called a Prestomatic hydraulically-controlled transmission.

This post reminds me of a couple of old local cars I located. 1 was sitting in a forest rotting for 50 plus years. I could have used it as a parts car. It was about a 9-10 hours drive away, 1-way. I needed to rent a trailer to go get it. Hotel, meals, etc. I considered my costs and made the seller a fair offer. He refused. So, off it'll probably go to be scrapped. Netting the seller less cash than my offer.  I guess some people think that an old mass produced Mopar is going to "Pull in big bucks. And darn it, if not... I'll get even and crush it!" 

Another one, a 1949 New Yorker straight 8. Been sinking in a field since about 1972. Vandalized. Rotten mold. No glass left. I don't even own a NY'r but I thought I could part it, out and help out a few guys who need parts. Maybe make a couple extra dollars to fund my old car project. I got a quote for a tow truck, and made an offer. Seller refused. That was over 2 years ago. It still sits rotting in the same field. When I looked at it, it was sunk up to the axles. I suspect it'll sit until mother nature has taken it all back.

It's unfortunate that this car above was sent to the crusher. It had lots of good parts on it. With low demand for regular old cars, and freight prices being so ridiculously high, it's understandable. The seller needed it gone. It could have literally taken years to dispose of most of it, by parting it out.

Edited by keithb7 (see edit history)

Kings32,

Is there any old guy wrecking yards around you?

It sounds like you are ready to give it away, if you could find someone that would make some sort of use for it even if its them making the few dollars that it may bring with some effort.???

How about offering it up on Craig's List at next to nothing? You would at least get the scrappers to do the work for you.

Maybe make a deal with a neighbor kid to now your lawn for it. (it looks pretty straight, some young kid could easily fall in love with it).

There are ways to get someone else to do the work when you simply want it gone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

yikes   9 hr plus  drive and the border still closed    i dont think it is gone a work   too bad    but just to know  when you sais make me a stupid offer to the other guy   what is a stupid offer ???  couples hundreds or what ???  (Bottom price )

• 2 months later...