new to group.

Randy white

Welcome to the site from a fellow Stude owner. Where are you from? Like someone else said, we like pics here. Are you familiar with the Studebaker Drivers Club? They have an online forum and also an outstanding monthly publication called "Turning Wheels" which is about 70 pages of articles, advertisements and color photos. Check out their website for more info....

https://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/forum

15 hours ago, keiser31 said:

Welcome to the forum! Would love to see photos of your car.

I thought for once that I might beat keiser31 in asking for photos but he beat me again.  That makes it two orders of photos please.😊

Randy,

Congratulations, great car. I don't know if you went searching for this car or it just got lucky, but whichever the case you made a good choice. This was the last iteration of the Big 6, and arguably the best. As a lifelong Studebaker guy this car has always been special to me. I still remember the first time I had a ride in a 29 Commander touring car. I think we had five or six people in the car. It seemed like  the car should have had a struggle with all that weight-not to worry never a whimper or a sign that it was over stressed in the least. As a matter of fact the driver seldom shifted down, going around corners. Even more impressive still was that the car's 354 cu" six was mated with a 331:1 rear end, and, I believe, 20" wheels. That combination is still mind boggling. 

Bill

;