1925 Franklin Series 11 Sedan

Nice car.

To be fair, buyers won't know what you consider a reasonable offer unless you give them what you think is an approximate value. Please keep in mind disassembled vehicles can be a tough sell. Buyers want to see a car run, and rightfully devalue one that they have to buy and assemble to find possible hidden flaws (and/or missing parts).

Good luck with the sale.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Brooklyn Beer, I don't know if they can be seen easily or not, but a few weeks ago, this car was listed on eBad with a bunch of what appeared to be good current pictures. Yes, it is about as far apart as a car usually gets. I understand it is an estate thing and needs to be sold and moved out. Beyond that, I don't know the car or the people involved. It did look as thought the upholstery could be salvaged if someone wanted to (frankly, a re-dye job wouldn't hurt!). But that could save a new owner a bunch in making this car a driver to enjoy. I wasn't kidding when I said I wish I had the money. I like Franklins, I had to sell all my good cars to care for bad family, and I am good at puzzles. I already have a couple good project piles, but I think this could be a better car for a bit less work. However, lacking the funds to purchase, let alone safely transport hundreds of loose pieces three thousand miles. It ain't gonna happen for me. 

I do really hope someone grabs this pile and does a good job getting it back onto the highways! Franklins are wonderful classic cars.

I have no connection to this Franklin, no stake in its sale, no personal knowledge of its current or past caretakers.  I wish I could make a connection, I wish I could buy it and take on the task of putting this puzzle together. I think I would enjoy it (in spite of the fact I already have too many projects I don't have enough time for?). But it won't happen, too broke, too far, and not enough time. So why do I keep doing this? Probably just because I hope I can give someone a nudge to take it on and bring it back!

For the most part, antique automobile people are much better on the average than most other people are. They care about history, they care about preserving pieces of that past. They tend to care about other people. Antique automobile people often help other hobbyists, often for nothing more than the satisfaction of helping in return. I have found this to be true throughout the hobby, although certain marques more-so than others. Franklin is one such marque. I have known several Franklin collectors. Several hobbyists with one Franklin, a few with four or five, and one fellow that owned about a dozen of them. One thing they all said, is how wonderful the Franklin networking was for finding parts or information needed to get another one back on the road. I can't make promises for other people. However, I suspect that any good, sincere, hobbyist, trying to put this car back together will be able to find a good amount of help with it.

(By the way, Model T people seem to be the same way!)

Oh, and the other reason for commenting again is that it is listed on eBad again. If anybody wants to see a few more pictures of it (for the short duration of the listing), try this link

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1925-Franklin-Series-11-A/163880948858?hash=item262810d47a:g:VJcAAOSwjJddjUcM

Unfortunately, not as many pictures as the previous listing. But a few to give some idea of how apart it is.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2019 at 8:13 AM, Brooklyn Beer said:

Nice view of the attempted frame correcting cable. It is missing a couple important components though to give a little lift tot he sag. If I had more experience with Franklin's I would take it on but right now still sorting through my first one.

Actually I have the Drawings right from Franklin,drawn in 1929 and they were followed to the T