1930 Chrysler Imperial convertible coupe St Louis craigslist

NOT MINE

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/ctd/d/quincy-1930-chrysler-imperial-ds-rs/6913890726.html

1930 Chrysler Imperial DS/RS Roadster - $75000 (Quincy, IL)

Extremely rare 1930 Chrysler Imperial Dual Sidemount/Rumble Seat Roadster-One of only 142

produced!!! Totally super straight and rock solid body. This car is currently in the process

of a complete restoration due to the fading and chipping of the paint. Restoration has ceased

due to the restoration shop owner retiring. This is an original Oregon car that has never had

any rust issues. She has the optional rumble seat door. Thus far the car has been re-painted

in the original color, the engine and trans have been rebuilt and most of the chrome has been

re-plated to like showroom new. Additional photos will be available soon and will sent upon

request.

1930 Chrysler.jpg

1930 Chrysler 2.jpg

1930 Chrysler 3.jpg

1930 Chrysler 5.jpg

1930 Chrysler 6.jpg

Looks like non concourse work to me.  I wonder how that affects the value?  Leave it as it was or do a kind of half assed restoration?  At 75 I think he is in a tough area to sell.  What's one of these worth restored correctly?  I saw this a few years ago for sale before the current owner bought it, but can't remember the price or it was harvested info by a scammer and being used in a phony ad after it originally sold.  For some reason I'm recalling the later. 

Kind of a tough spot.  Looks very "driver quality" as to work and you then need to make the decision to redo or move froward and live with such.   If it was going to end up unfinished, someone probably should have just focused on it mechanically and called it a day (of course how would you know your favorite shop owner would retire).  

Super cool car !

• Like 2

Hard to compare, just because the body styles with the one being a different manufacture and then the whole Imperial thing.  Might give you a rough idea.  Of course if I had the money to buy either it would take all of a few seconds to make the decision.  

I agree they should have focused on the mechanicals of the 30 and left the rest alone for the next guy.  

There was a beautiful 32 Roadster with what looked like a show quality restoration throughout,  that was advertised on here a while ago and on ebay for 35 or less and never sold.  That kind of sets the bench mark to start with when it wouldn't even sell for under 35. 

Seller is asking concours money for at best a 20-footer. If someone actually drops close to the asking price for this, it pretty much would have to go in the paint shop. Who would want to admit to paying big money for a six-cylinder car, albeit an Imperial, in that shape?

On 7/1/2019 at 6:22 PM, GregLaR said:

Doesn't this completely restored 1928 listed for for $52,500, a couple threads down sort of negate this car at $75K?

Chrysler1.thumb.jpg.c61b9a886292b0110bfd660469256863.jpg

I agree.

I seen it in person yesterday and it far exceeding what I was expecting to see for the price range. Not perfect but well worth the asking price for an Imperial of this caliber. Some folks were low balling but I'm betting a person could buy it for $45-48k from the discussions I overheard. It's an estate situation and "the kids want it gone" were the exact words I heard that make me think $45-48k. 

Today is the 2nd day of a 4 day estate sale so if anyone is seriously interested in it I'd act fast because there's a local museum guy who is very interested in it. 

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)