WTB: ST400 transmission for 66 Nailhead 401

1 minute ago, George Buick Riviera said:

Thanks Chris, I know the products - but that is not for TH400, isn't it ?

Not sure.  Russ Martins in Centerville Auto Repair Grass Valley CA would be be your best bet to get an answer and possibly the adapter.   

• Like 1

On 4/24/2019 at 8:40 AM, Ted "Wildcat65" Nagel said:

I have several 65 cores in Cincinnati if you have any way of picking up. $150 each. 65 Super Turbine 400 with converter.

Can you bring one to the Buick Show in June?

I have a complete 1965 ST400. Code BJ.  It's for a 401 V8 with the 3.07 rear end.  Should be the same transmission as a 66.  It's complete with converter. 

I'd sell it as a core for $250.  When I bought it 20 some years ago, it came from a running car in which the block had cracked.  It's been sitting in three different garage floors since I bought it.  I've not touched it other than to move it.

I have no idea about shipping. Ill let you figure out the weight and shipping costs from ZIP code 66218 (Shawnee, KS; a suburb of Kansas City, MO) if you're interested.  Shawnee is on I-35 and I-70, on the route from IL to OK.  Should anyone be headed to OKC and want to pick it up.

Ed

20190502_092143.thumb.jpg.69b6dcbad4a925c2f66c85f3d62c69fc.jpg20190502_092237.thumb.jpg.224e008a864066211789acea807f5429.jpg

Edited by RivNut
Corrected code (see edit history)
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, RivNut said:

I have a complete 1965 ST400. Code BJ.  It's for a 401 V8 with the 3.07 rear end.  Should be the same transmission as a 66.  It's complete with converter. 

I'd sell it as a core for $250.  When I bought it 20 some years ago, it came from a running car in which the block had cracked.  It's been sitting in three different garage floors since I bought it.  I've not touched it other than to move it.

I have no idea about shipping. Ill let you figure out the weight and shipping costs from ZIP code 66218 (Shawnee, KS; a suburb of Kansas City, MO) if you're interested.  Shawnee is on I-35 and I-70, on the route from IL to OK.  Should anyone be headed to OKC and want to pick it up.

Ed

Thanks Ed,

I will send you PM

• 2 years later...
On 4/24/2019 at 11:40 AM, Ted "Wildcat65" Nagel said:

I have several 65 cores in Cincinnati if you have any way of picking up. $150 each. 65 Super Turbine 400 with converter.

Do you still have ST400?

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone interested in working with George Buick Riviera: HE IS A FIRST-CLASS Old Car Hobby Guy. I've dealt with him purchasing from me many times in the past. I would not hesitate to work with him in the future in a transaction of ANY size...be it small or very large. His word is his bond. John

On 6/6/2021 at 2:51 PM, George Buick Riviera said:

Lake in the Hills, IL 60156

There's a guy northwest of Kenosha that parts out Buicks of the 60-70's. I bought an ST400 from him last year. Bob Wambach is his name. He's on Facebook if you have access to that. 

Edited by drhach (see edit history)

On 6/6/2021 at 2:51 PM, George Buick Riviera said:

Lake in the Hills, IL 60156

Hi George,

If you are still looking for a `66 turbo 400 I have a friend in PA who has one and he may be coming to the northwest Chicago area soon. PM me if interested and I can supply his contact info,

Tom Mooney