Need someone to finish a restoration.

1969 C10 located in Elkhart, IN. Very near South Bend, IN. Photos are older - exterior trim is all on. Engine needs breaking in, minor items need installation, paint needs final touch up & buff. Needs to be driven a little ti iron out any bugs after engine break in. Truck needs detailing for show or auction. Will need to be hauled from shop it's in to your shop.

69 C10 ins2.JPG

69 C10 ins.JPG

69 truck 2.JPG

• Like 1

Finnish or buy.?? If it goes on my trailer its over with.

Nice truck.

The market is all about trucks in North Carolina.

Just saw a 63 short bed step side in nice shape go for 2500.00 as soon as it hit Facebook Yard Sales.

I need to learn how to copy and paste the cars I'm seeing come out into the sunshine or from in back of the barn.

Must be drugs or hard times or too much Barrett Jackson.

Bill H

2 hours ago, Bill Harmatuk said:

Finnish or buy.?? If it goes on my trailer its over with.

Nice truck.

The market is all about trucks in North Carolina.

Just saw a 63 short bed step side in nice shape go for 2500.00 as soon as it hit Facebook Yard Sales.

I need to learn how to copy and paste the cars I'm seeing come out into the sunshine or from in back of the barn.

Must be drugs or hard times or too much Barrett Jackson.

Bill H

Judging from what's happening at auctions, you would have to add a zero to the number in your reply, then multiply by 3 & you'll be close. It's a factory red/black, 396, T400, and every option that you could get on a C10 in 1969 except tilt steering. We added the tilt anyway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, George Smolinski said:

1969 C10 located in Elkhart, IN. Very near South Bend, IN. Photos are older - exterior trim is all on. Engine needs breaking in, minor items need installation, paint needs final touch up & buff. Needs to be driven a little ti iron out any bugs after engine break in. Truck needs detailing for show or auction. Will need to be hauled from shop it's in to your shop.

69 C10 ins.JPG

Just wondering... Is the wood bed on this truck standard or an option?  I learned to drive in a C-10 (three of the tree). That C10 was a work truck which I am guessing was a different variation as it had an all steel bed. That truck was still running strong with over 1,250,000 miles when it was donated to a local church by it's owner.

16 minutes ago, Restorer32 said:

Standard or option the wood bed would need to be painted body color or black to avoid losing points in AACA competition. Trucks never came from the factory with varnished wood beds as far as I know. Looks great though.

From 68 to 72 my dad bought about a half dozen fleetside 8’ Chevy trucks. All were wood floored beds. None were really painted, more like a creosote stain, black in color, and the only place there was body color paint was the oversprayed edges. It always looked cheap and unfinished. They had to have stained the wood and installed it in the primed beds. Then the steel of the  beds were painted what ever color needed but they never wasted paint on the wood. Many times there was about 6” of overspray all along the wood where it met the metal. Floors were not oak either but made from a very hard pine.

7 hours ago, Bill Harmatuk said:

The easiest way is to right click on the picture, save as, and save to your desktop.  Open your AACA page and click on and slide the picture to "drag files here"'  

If the picture is on your computer use "choose files, browse until you find your picture, double click on it or single click and then click on open near the bottom.

Easy peasy after you have done it a few times.

There are probably a dozen different ways but I find these the easiest.

On 3/28/2019 at 3:12 PM, STEVE POLLARD said:

Good question.... my '69 C20 has a steel bed, did it make a difference if it was a 1/2, 3/4 or 1 ton option to have the wood or not ?

Beautiful truck George !

Steve

20190328_150555.jpg

20190328_150611.jpg

Two of the trucks my dad bought were C30 Fleetside Longhorn 8’ 6” extended bed trucks. Both were wood floored. We put custom made fiberglass refrigerated boxes on them. 350-4sd models. Just sold the last of the two tailgates that were in dry storage since new about a year ago. I got a small fortune for it as two guys were bidding against each other for it. All our trucks were Forest Green paint.

• Like 1