AUTO/BIOGRAPHY TV Show

1937hd45

Tonight (Saturday) is the fourth episode of AUTO/BIOGRAPHY, on the Motor Trend channel. I've watched the first three and found them to be well done and interesting, A buried Dino Ferrari, a Ferrari Enzo that was cut in half at 200MPH on the Pacific Coast Highway, and last week they  traced the history of a Mercedes from the factory to the lawn at Pebble Beach. Nice show, the two guys do a good job, unlike any other auto show. Bob 

Edited by 1937hd45 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

I believe the title is called Auto/biography. I have been watching it as well.

https://press.discovery.com/us/mt/press-releases/2019/motortrends-autobiography-4621/

Thank for the correction, far too many years watching American Pickers. Tonight's show with the Cobra Coupe and Bugatti tank was another great one.  Bob 

I agree it is very interesting, most of us are in this aspect (restoration and preservation) of the hobby for the connection to history these vehicles have, they do good job of presenting it. It is different and sort refreshing, no dramatic music, no stupid jokes, no throwing wrenches, just the facts.

• Like 1

A little too much Blah Blah Blah talking for the sake of having nothing to say matched to too many commercials. 

Also, some editing is poorly done (still photos flashing up that have absolutely nothing to do with the conversation  - ex. watched the one on the 770 Mercedes and they were flashing nickle era Pierce Arrow dash photos) - may not be noticeable to average Joe on the street or when watching it live, but record it and watch.

Interesting topics though.

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Whenever I watch a show that I enjoy, and I've seen all four so far I wonder how long it takes to do the research and editing, this show didn't happen overnight. There are four or five that are scheduled to play in upcoming weeks. I'm guessing there is a good size staff doing research, they deserve some credit too. Bob 

I have it scheduled to record now, wish I had known about it.

Than you all for the reviews about the show.

I am tired of the stupid personal  interactions on so many of the shows,  I just do not watch them any more.

That's just the Discovery group. Generally they will air a new program three or four times in one day. If you miss the start of one, just skip ahead a few hours and it will air again.

Is also the Discovery production format: in an hour show there is about 10 minutes of content, 30 minutes of repletion, 20 minutes of the same commercials in the same order repeated five times. (Recently they have added a sequence of commercials - one minute snippet of something unrelated-- repeat commercials).

The are making a fortune from repeating.

ps one I particularly like overhauls peoples cars in their garage but if someone actually  makes a request you find out that applicants must be near metropolitan Chicago.

• Like 1

The only episode I watched parts of was the Ferrari crash on the PCH, at about 200 MPH. I can't believe the driver walked away from that wreck, AND I can't believe his insurance company sent the car back to the Ferrari factory for a complete rebuild! Did I hear that correctly?

43 minutes ago, 46 woodie said:

The only episode I watched parts of was the Ferrari crash on the PCH, at about 200 MPH. I can't believe the driver walked away from that wreck, AND I can't believe his insurance company sent the car back to the Ferrari factory for a complete rebuild! Did I hear that correctly?

You need to watch it start it finish, pay attention to the details. Bob 

11 hours ago, padgett said:

That's just the Discovery group. Generally they will air a new program three or four times in one day. If you miss the start of one, just skip ahead a few hours and it will air again.

Is also the Discovery production format: in an hour show there is about 10 minutes of content, 30 minutes of repletion, 20 minutes of the same commercials in the same order repeated five times. (Recently they have added a sequence of commercials - one minute snippet of something unrelated-- repeat commercials).

The are making a fortune from repeating.

ps one I particularly like overhauls peoples cars in their garage but if someone actually  makes a request you find out that applicants must be near metropolitan Chicago.

Which is why God invented the DVR

17 hours ago, 46 woodie said:

I think it turns out that two guys walked away.

Or was it that the other guy went and stashed his car and came back.

Its been  a week or two and I have CRS.

1 hour ago, padgett said:

Think they decided it was one car with two people in it, both with things to hide.

Getting the Ferrari and a sister car along with the Mercedes out of England before being repossessed was the first problem. No plates or insurance were problem two and there, then things turned bad on them. 

Bob 

• 1 month later...