Model A Roadster or not?

Oregon Desert model 45

Yes, a '30 Model A.  Split windshields came in vogue in the mid '30's and that is emulated here by a bar having been placed vertically in the center on the flat glass.  Later Ford wheels from '32-'35 and  '40- '48 would fit right on any Model A.  These look like 16", a common switch during WWII because the original 19" size tire wasn't as easy to get.  Bald tires such as seen here weren't looked upon with disfavor as long as the fabric wasn't showing through during the war. The headlights aren't Ford either, and the top may be other than canvas. 

Edited by Dave Henderson (see edit history)

28 minutes ago, lump said:

I think the animals are deer, not elk. The driver's side animal looks like a whitetail, while the other reminds me more of a mule deer. What state was the photo taken in...out west some where? 

Yeah, but "elk" is a funnier word than "deer." 

• Like 1

Almost looks like a raccoon skin, perhaps tied to the radiator cap? 

And that looks a little bit like a foot-long piece of a late 1940's chrome plated bumper end bolted between the front bumper bars, with a hole drilled in the upper tip end, and a rope extending to the antler on the mule deer, to keep it from falling off the passenger side fender. But my eyes are old and feeble.