1971 LeSabre - $8500 with 20k miles on CL

cjp69

It could also very likely mean that the seller is hiding something.

I once inquired about a 1974 Cadillac Eldorado convertible for sale.

The pictures were truncated so that the ends of the car didn't "fit" in.

When I had a friend go look at the car for me, it turned out that

the plastic bumper fillers were cracked and missing--deliberately

not in the picture.

So be sure you get plenty of full pictures before you see any car.

If the pictures aren't satisfactory, have the seller take additional ones.

The doors look pretty long for a four door and the front seat almost looks split, but he is in the running for Craigslist photographer of the year for creating more questions than you answer with your photos.  I've seen alot of them lately. 

The ribs in the floor matt pad also look really worn by the gas pedal.  Could be 120K on it.  Can't see the important part of the pedals to know for sure. 

• Like 1

The brake pedal with disk brake embossed in the center are not reproduced. It looks like the original pedal. I've had and seen a few of these cars and the pedals don't hold up with usage over time. Usually they bow and crack.  That observation along with others are an indication that it could indeed be a 20K mileage car. The pictures either show poor judgement on how to market the car or conceal flaws.

The Craigslist School of Automotive Photography has a high drop out rate. This one appears to have at least attended up to the "take pictures in the daylight" level. Better than many.

Richlands, Va., nice town. Richlands, W. Va., exists but real hard to find. Always get the state right before you take a trip.

Bernie

• Like 2