Local Vintage Car Show, something for everyone

Gunsmoke

Attended the local Vintage Car show today, it was for pre 1970 cars in unmodified form. Some exceptions were made for minor things like later wheels etc. There were cars of all decades since the 20's, and I will post a few nice examples. Upload limits may require me to post in 3 or more bites. This one shows '36 Auburn Phaeton and an all original '34 Buick Club Sedan (incl paint and interior). 

IMG_5269.JPG

IMG_5302.JPG

IMG_5270.JPG

• Like 1

Finally, a couple more, a rare '28 Ford Model A Tourer, and a 1954 Imperial. There were many other cars, couple of Plymouths, Chevys, Pontiac, '67 Volvo, '63 Tbird, '64 Barracuda, '54 Chrysler New Yorker, '57 Ford etc. Great day, 80 degrees with a breeze. Just another Summer Saturday in Nova Scotia! Cheers

IMG_5280.JPG

IMG_5293.JPG

• Like 5

I am in Canada, yes. There are several active "antique car" orgs in the area, and commonly shows/meets feature predominately 60's and 70's muscle. I'm also a member of a group the "Maritime Pre-War Car Registry", whose membership have at least one pre 1942 non-modified car. A member of the group organizes this event annually and aims to limit it to cars at least 50 years old and non-modified. It does ruffle some feathers, but provides a chance to look at cars largely as they were in their day. As might be expected, many owners of pre-war cars don't drive them long distances, so attendance is usually about 50 local cars. Also, each year a member who has several P-W cars will bring a different one. The conversations are unique because everything is typically about the antiquated technology, mechanical brakes, updraft/downdraft, 6V/12V, flathead versus OHV, bias ply versus radials, paint or leave original, who is still around who does work on them, etc. 

Indeed K31, David and his wife are the principle organizers of the event, also had their 64&1/2 Barracuda there, I'm told it was #21 off the assembly line. In your honor as a Mopar guy, a couple more Mopars, I think a '67 Sport Fury and a '54 New Yorker. Both were in wonderful original condition.

IMG_5305.JPG

IMG_5285.JPG

IMG_5286.JPG

Edited by Gunsmoke (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I toured Nova Scotia in the mid 1980s by motorcycle.  One of my best trips ever!  Sure wish I could go again especially when car shows are happening.  Really appreciate the photos you posted.

Terry