The Classic Car Code

z2y8r.jpg

I'd like to think I'm not the sissy doofus that the writer of that article is. He seems to embody everything ridiculous that the non-car-loving person already thinks we are.

/Yeah, sorry, it's Nickelback.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

Some of these I agree with, some not so much. Still fun to read.

https://onemanandhismustang.com/2018/05/03/the-classic-car-code/

420288004_BarbossaGuideLines.jpg.e9ed221a0b359fd233f12f4e5e84c8cd.jpg

?  I dunno, I even drive my modern DD beater by many of those "rules" - basic defensive driving and car care.

Edited by CHuDWah (see edit history)

While I can appreciate all the work put into the "Code", the C.C.C.A does not list a Ford Mustang as a Classic Car. In fact no Fords are listed. The author might want to consider using Antique  or Collector Car in place of "Classic". The term "Classic Car" is one of the most mis-used phrase in the hobby.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 46 woodie said:

While I can appreciate all the work put into the "Code", the C.C.C.A does not list a Ford Mustang as a Classic Car. In fact no Fords are listed. The author might want to consider using Antique  or Collector Car in place of "Classic". The term "Classic Car" is one of the most mis-used phrase in the hobby.

I thought the Ford Brewster was a Classic? 

32 minutes ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

I thought the Ford Brewster was a Classic? 

If we're splitting those particular hairs, it's actually a Brewster-Ford, so kind of a Ford but technically it's a Brewster. However, you're right--I think there are a handful of custom-bodied Fords that are Full Classics. I know of at least one 1932 Ford with a Graber (I think) body that's a Full Classic. There were also Brewster-Buicks and likely a handful of other chassis used under the Brewster bodies. They're all Full Classics. In fact, I saw a lovely 1934 Brewster-Ford town car at the CCCA Annual Meeting a few weeks ago in Branson, MO:

34BrewsterFord.jpg.8c32e62b0bffe14f1633d3395860a6f5.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 46 woodie said:

The bloke is in England. They use different terms when labeling cars of various vintages than we do. Mildly surprised he used the word trunk instead of boot.

Here in America everyone knows a "classic car" is the one you wanted to get when you were in high school but could not afford. I bet the general public has no concept of "Full Classic"™ and probably couldn't care less.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ply33 said:

Here in America everyone knows a "classic car" is the one you wanted to get when you were in high school but could not afford. 

In my senior year of high school a rich kid in my class showed up one day in a Cranberry Red 1970 Chevelle SS396 with a black vinyl top. That was almost 50 years ago. Last November I finally talked my wife into letting me buy a fully restored one. I don't really care if people call it a classic, an antique, a collector car or an old muscle car. All I know is that it's the nicest old car I've ever owned and I really enjoy driving it and taking it to car shows and cruises.... :)

PICT0013.JPG

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

In my senior year of high school a rich kid in my class showed up one day in a Cranberry Red 1970 Chevelle SS396 with a black vinyl top. That was almost 50 years ago. Last November I finally talked my wife into letting me buy a fully restored one. I don't really care if people call it a classic, an antique, a collector car or an old muscle car. All I know is that it's the nicest old car I've ever owned and I really enjoy driving it and taking it to car shows and cruises.... :)

PICT0013.JPG

That's about as good as it gets!

• Like 1

It's listed as Brewster, not Brewster-Ford or Brewster-Buick, simply Brewster. The CCCA lists '34 to '36 Brewster as accepted in the CCCA. Graber is not listed in the CCCA registry.

I'm sorry, it wasn't a Graber body, it is a Drauz body on a 1932 Ford. This car is a Full Classic but was accepted by application, not because of manufacturer. It is also worth noting that that Graber is a coachbuilder NOT a manufacturer and therefore would not be listed in the CCCA registry.

L1050560.jpg

I believe that there's a Darrin body on a Ford chassis that is also a Full Classic and is still listed as a Ford. There might be one more Full Classic Ford, but I can't quite pull it out of my memory.