edwardsfrank66@gmail.com

ak

Just got an email from this urchin trying to sell me parts off of a car that is presently advertised for sale in Minnesota. I advertised for Franklin parts needed. 

"OK Great! We're doing a major parting out on a 1926 Franklin Series 11A with all of the listed parts so far in excellent shape and condition, ready to mount on. I'm asking $550 and happy to arrange delivery via USPS or Greyhound to your door step and would acknowledge a Walmart 2 Walmart payment. What's your complete shipping address?
Many thanks again and regards, Frank 

He claims he can't send photos of parts I need until I pay for them in full with a Walmart to Walmart payment.
"We're doing a part out on the 11A shown in the attached photo in my previous e-mail. I will only be able to take off parts and get photos once payment is made available for them." 

your post is some what confusing     are you buying?      are you selling? -- what are you asking  ????----I can always tell a scammer         they are vaige       can's send pictures        and the story around the situation is not like a real person          if you are a car guy you can always tell another car guy       if it is too good to be true-----it is too good to be true

Sounds like the same scammer that tried to sell me everything I was looking for on my '25 Buick.When I insisted on pictures,he sent pictures of 3 different cars.He claimed to be in Texas,but was calling from Nevada and had a distinct East Indian accent.BEWARE !!

ak,

Is this guy sending you an email direct to your email or did you receive a PM from him through this site? I banned a new user who was obvously a scammer recently who registered with that email address. If it was a PM from user "fedwards", he has been banned. If you have posted your email address so that it is publicly visible in your parts wanted ad, any scammer can copy your email address and send you an email. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dale Gribowski said:

So is f Edwards  a scam because he said he had some doors for me?

Yes, he certainly appears to be a scammer. A good rule of thumb is if someone sends you a message or an email based on an ad you post here and that person has zero history of posts on the forum to let you get an idea of the type of person you are dealing with, you can consider that person a scammer. If it sounds too good to be true, it IS too good to be true.

When I posted that I was looking for a driver's door for a '31 Chevrolet he posted pictures of a beautiful car that he said was abandoned and he was parting it out. The pictures were identical of a car advertised for sale elsewhere on the internet.  Same scam about Walmart 2 Walmart. He needs to go to jail. 

Don't bother asking for photos. This is as dumb as the people who call me leaving a message and saying they are with the IRS and I owe back taxes and may go to jail unless I call them back and give them my credit card information. Don't make a big deal about it. Asking for a WalMart money order (or whatever it is) just screams CROOK! There should be no need to warn people. I do not warn people to not give their credit card to someone who calls and says they owe the IRS money. Just hit the report post button to get them banned.

When you get or see something like this and you've decided to take the time to post here, please take the time to report this to the FBI. This is called Wire Fraud and it's a Federal Felony, when the offer includes shipping parts across state lines it adds Mail Fraud, another Federal Felony  to possible charges.

Sure it takes time to report this and when you do, for all outward signs it will appear that the FBI does nothing more than answer the phone and take your report. Believe it or not this is a very important part of getting a Wire Fraud complaint prosecuted. Eventually somebody somewhere will get scammed out of money and even a thousand dollar loss by wire fraud isn't enough to get the scammer prosecuted, but attempting to scam one dollar from a thousand people is.

The world has a lot more crooks than it has cops and courts, so the US Attorneys Office won't prosecute Wire Fraud for a single incident, add a couple hundred reports of un successful wire fraud postings and contacts to a theft report and it's not an isolated incident. So help raise the cost of getting caught trying to scam here and make the report.