1932 Packard, 901 Sedan, restored - $35000

Not mine. Anyone here own it or know about it?

1932 Packard 901 Sedan. Standard 8, body style 503. Body-off-frame restoration in 1991. AACA National first place in 1997. Had been sitting for 15 years. Runs very well. Paint cracking. Needs some detailing. Some gauges do not work. Brakes and steering very good. Originally delivered to Earl C. Anthony in California. 8/28/31,
BRAND NEW $3200 carburator!! (not shown in photos)
Located in northwest of Alexandria, MN. $35,000 FIRM. Priced to sell.
Webster 612-804-9406

I don't know.   But...Alsancle needs to have a little chat with it's new owner, as to "certain issues".  :)

$3200 carb?  yikes, I rarely pay much over that for a whole CAR.... LOL

Those reproduction carbs are supposed to be good, but I don't know that from personal experience.  The problem is when you have a bunch of needle valves, floats and gaskets along with a pile of dust that formerly was a carb.

• Like 1

George, I think it's been for sale for

many months, if not longer.  I recall seeing it

for sale on the internet (not Craig's List),

possibly by some dealer.

I remember the notation that the vinyl roof

was not original to the car, but that it was added.

"Webster" the seller is the brother of our own friendly editor

West Peterson.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

1 hour ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

I remember the notation that the vinyl roof was not original to the car, but that it was added.

The car is listed as achieving  AACA National first place in 1997. Wouldn't the addition of the vinyl top if the car did not originally have one deduct heavily from the point grading system, or would the vinyl roof point deduction be small and with everything else being correct the car would be capable of achieving high point status?

I'm not sure about Packards but my Buick coupe originally had a vinyl material on the top. It was replaced in the 60's with a close match in black. It was originally a green vinyl material the same colors as the fenders (I found some original remnants when I was restoring the car.) I like green but even I think that would have been a little much with the two tones of green it had new.

3 hours ago, keiser31 said:

The front seat doesn't really look like bucket seats to me.

I was referring to when you see alot of old cars fixed up,  some even somewhat restored,  then they throw a set of High back late model bucket seats in it and it looks corny as can be.  Especially on a convertible or worse yet 32 style Ford roadster.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

I was referring to when you see alot of old cars fixed up,  some even somewhat restored,  then they throw a set of High back late model bucket seats in it and it looks corny as can be.  Especially on a convertible or worse yet 32 style Ford roadster.  

Sorry. I misread your post.