Lincoln-Zephyr pictures 2017

Mssr. Bwatoe

Larry, that car of yours is too die for---Do have more room due to lack of back seat-

-Can you fit in your car Capt Tom???   Seems 

to this  short chubby guy its not roomy in the cab of the 40 Brunn, or the 40 Cabriolet, My model 76 has lots of room for 

ft seats, not much leg room for rears....I have the ft seat tilted back using the factory 3 position holes, big diff..

Mssr. Bwatoe,

If my car was really" to die for"--- it would be sold by now.!!!! I have been advertising since Sept. Calls send pics, "E" mails-send

pics, "Bip"---- nothing! I guess I'am asking  too much.The market has really changed!

Lincoln called this a 3 passenger conv . coupe, NO way!  The person in the middle would have to be a small child. There is no

additional room , I can slide the seat back, but I'am kind of short and have it moved forward ; plus a pillow! There is a lower package shelf and

upper shelf.I'll see if I can send some more pics.  What were they thinking !  Two couples could not go out to dinner at their country club! 

Talking about cars to die for. 
As we know the 38 Short top LZ 760 is a  convertible coupe not a Club Conv.coupe.  It doesn't have a back seat, neither does a steel top coupe. That leaves the conv. with a medium length turret, [top].  The steel "coupe" turret  is  shorter and gives it a slightly longer trunk image. The club conv. coupe turret is the longest giving it a shorter trunk  The turret length and shape on the conv. is  what gives it  those beautiful soft well balanced  proportional  lines, combined with the rounded fenders and non protruding rounded " hood" front. The 3 passenger convertible coupe must  rank as one of the most prettiest  LZ. ever  built. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder of course.  I have owned one since 1996, but I'm not biased!!   Larry, I did meet you at the 2000 St Louis LZ. meet, it was very brief.  Years ago when we took a couple out for dinner we had a 38  LZ sedan as well so we went in that, lots of room. I should also mention I have bolted a separate seat and back in the parcel space of my 38 conv. coupe, very little leg room but the grandkids love it. When I can work out how to send pictures of my car  I may do. 

On 5/29/2017 at 6:42 AM, Mssr. Bwatoe said:

Hey Tom, Give us an interior / dash shot--Is that a Jim Roll  top?, it really looks right

--Like a tight skirt on a beautiful woman....

That is indeed a Jim Roll top. Sad to say he cut it and was in the process of stitching it , when he suddenly passed

away.  He did finish the interior though and it is all so perfect. A great loss indeed, however his son Jan, has stepped up and is doing stellar work , as his Dad did.  

I love your your description of the top, it is indeed tight. I will take photos of the interior as soon as my radio is returned, hopefully in a few more days.

IMG_0382.JPG

IMG_0383.JPG

IMG_0384.JPG

IMG_0385.JPG

Edited by Tom_Overfield (see edit history)
  • Like 1

38shorttopcon-  Yes ,the '38 Conv. Coupe is smooth looking car , that is why I very seldom  put the top down. Sorry I don't think I have ever

met you, I have never been to St. Louis . Thats a good idea for the back seats you put in, but  the problem is my grandkids are now 11 and 13

years old!  I guess I will enjoy the car another season

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To the right is George Poore's '47. Looks deceive. He has driven this all over the U.S. and beat me for longest driven distance to the Hamilton, MT GOF. To the left is Jay Moyle's exquisite '41. Jay bailed us out of one of our generator misadventures, driving 100 miles out of his way.

5972db4501b06_Georges47.thumb.jpg.d00fe94914db0a2a894e2630ce834b6b.jpg

Hello Zephyr Owners - Looking to share a photo of your beautiful Lincoln Zephyr on a new Classic Car build television show.  Please respond by sending 

a photo of your car and that it would be OK to use your photo for Television broadcast Perpetual Worldwide use of the photo image.

Thank you for your help.  

Cannot Wait for the big show at Our Beautiful Museum at The Gilmore next week!!!  New stuff coming in every day it seems!! What a wonderful

iconic venue!!  DONT MISS IT!!

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/''/gilmore+museum/@42.4402732,-85.4892571,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x8817881371ba5d9b:0xe8aa6f5bfec39f73!2m2!1d-85.4192172!2d42.4402945

cerro gordo foundation.JPG

IMG_1263.JPG

20170805_120728.jpg

Edited by Mssr. Bwatoe (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody else drive their Lincoln this summer??  We seemed to have lost the gang here--with camera phones everywhere, How bout

some Lincoln pictures besides the few we see-----Hey Paul Fink???   Let see the kids and the car..

The pics are from a little roadtrip, see the cool glacier effect gorge in last pic..

trip ii  zeffering.jpg

trip ii c.JPG

trip ii water.jpg

trip ii grooves.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...