What year and make is this truck?

Larry Schramm

1 hour ago, TheMoneyPit said:

Not at all my thing, but I would love to see someone transform that into a rat rod... leaving the bullet holes of course.

I absolutely agree.

But the purists on this site would be appalled if it were to go away from stock saying it would need an aggressive restoration.

21 hours ago, Leif Holmberg said:

How about 1938 GMC.

Leif in Sweden.

gmc__pick_up_oldtimer_1938_1_lgw.jpg

The picture Leif posted is of a 40 GMC. The 38,like the Chevy has a flat windshield.and the radiator cowl (back edge of the grille) isn't straight. This truck is a 40 with the sealed beams and parking lights, not a 39. Thanks to 30 Dodge Panel for agreeing with me.

23 hours ago, JACK M said:

I absolutely agree.

But the purists on this site would be appalled if it were to go away from stock saying it would need an aggressive restoration.

I'm pretty much a purist, but I would rather see something like that chopped than some of the 20-40 year old restored cars that seem to be falling victim of the torch. I'm seeing several complete chassis for sale these days and you can tell they were being bought for the bodies to make a rod of some sort.

• Like 1

Agree ! Not a fan at all of rat rods but these are the types of plentiful shells that should be used for that purpose. On the other hand, taking a rare bird in clean original condition and destroying it for the sake of "ratting" it is a complete joke.

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)