We need some help from the experts

Guest blham70

Hi folks, we are hoping you can help us. We lost our dad last year and have been going through some of his belongings. He has left us an old 37 Ford Pickup witch I think was called a rat or something like that. Anyway, it is not running and has been sitting for years but there is a lot of potential there. Yes, it will need some work but can you give us any ball park figures of what it might be worth as is and where we might list such an item?

IMG_2656.JPG

IMG_2650.JPG

Edited by blham70 (see edit history)

I would not call it a "rat". That usually means a modified hot rod that is intentionally somewhat crude and unfinished. Your Fathers truck seems to be a decent unrestored original truck. They are very popular and should sell easily localy . Research prices on eBay and try a for sale add on this site as well as craigslist. It is not worth a fortune, but no give away either. To the right buyer it will be a treasure.

Greg in Canada

Going by the Maine license plate. I am guessing that is where you are. Prices will vary around the country. Here in Idaho that truck as pictured. Guessing you have the bed,fenders,tail gate and that it does not run, and is not rusted out. It would go for around 1,800-2,800. The set back on price would be the year. 1932-34,1935-36,1940 are very popular around here. And you could double the project price if was in those years. Cool truck, and as stated above, not a rat rod. As far as listing it, you just did.

Edited by Xander Wildeisen (see edit history)

Weight rating is important  also....

If it's a 1/2 ton they are more desirable and worth more, but the heavier weighted trucks may have a lower value of say around $1500 or less in the current condition it's in. Having said that the truck is worth what ever someone is willing to pay. If I owned it I'd put $2500 firm on it and if I was attached to it and didn't want to sell I'd put $3500 assuming it has a clean title.

I would list your truck on ebay with a starting bid of 1500. and see where it goes from there.

As stated, if you are in Maine, shipping could be expensive to many people, so dont expect a million dollars............ be realistic.

and if the title is missing, it will kill the sale for most.