antique wire wrap

ken1007

Some of the places that sell wiring harnesses sell the materials to make them. Try Rhode Island Wiring.

Included in a recent "Painless wiring" purchase was a roll of self vulcanizing tape.

I put some on my project yesterday. I am looking forward to what it looks like today.

It looks lust like any black plastic tape but has a clear plastic on one side that you remove. It says to stretch it while applying. I did all that, the loom is a stiff fabric as opposed to plastic convoluted tubing. 

3M makes a really nice friction tape, available at Home Depot and I'm sure other stores.  It sticks well but isn't sticky on the outside and simulates the original stuff that came off my '23 wire harnesses nicely.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-3-4-in-x-20-ft-Friction-Tape-Black-3407NA-BA-6/202192876

Scott

the old stuff I have is called bulldog tape no. 2. the stuff that self seals uses a chemical reaction between the layers to kind of melt together. I have never had good luck with it. you got a lot of other good suggestions. I like the hockey stick tape.   dennis