Hershey

Guest my3buicks

Guest my3buicks

I posted this down in the Reatta section but thought I would check in here as well.  Who all is going to Hershey this year?  The Reatta will be in the car corral Thursday afternoon and Friday, then on the show field to get it's Senior on Saturday.  Stop by and say hi.

Got a trailer/truck parking spot at the AACA Museum, that should be nice. 

post-76001-0-10162500-1442965763_thumb.j

Edited by my3buicks (see edit history)

Wife and I am planning on going for the first time "EVER" as long as the weather is decent. I have the Carlisle process down but never being to the Hershey meet I could use some advice for someone going as a spectator, from parking/cost, how many miles out from the park can we find a hotel room last minute (likely coming in Thursday evening). Any particular pattern better to walk through, any areas we shouldn't miss, best food, etc.

If we stay say 20-30 miles away and come in to the park around 8:00 AM Friday are there traffic backups?

I know the show is Saturday but will there be a lot of show cars there Friday viewable?

Thanks

Guest my3buicks

Jason, I always stay around Harrisburg or sometime even Carlisle - it's an easy drive from Carlisle and prices are much better.  I am actually staying in Carlisle this year.  You will have some traffic coming in, but I have found that it generally moves pretty well.  I have never been in a sit forever backup situation there.  Parking is well marked once you get there, don't take the first places you see though, get closer to the action so the walk isn't crazy - you will be doing enough walking as it is.

As far as looking at show cars on Friday, forget about it, they are all tightly sealed in their trailers.  The car corral gives you gobs of eye candy and eye candy throughout the flea market area as well. 

Hershey can be a little overwhelming the first time there, or the 2nd or 3rd lol, not having a car there will make it MUCH easier for you though.  What's really a challenge is when you driver your show car there and try to figure what to do with it until the Saturday show, one would think they would have a paid parking area for such vehicles (pre-bought of course) but that idea has been shot down every time I have brought it up - I have had to park my show car in general parking several times over the years.  Parking should be around $12-15 a day. 

Chocolate Milkshakes and chocolate chip cookies at the Hershey Center keep you going LOL - other food is basically trailer venders - I do find the Crab Cake sandwiches good at those well marked vender trailers.

We have been going for several years and sold a 1965 Mustang Convertible in the car corral last year. A Buick wagon a couple of years ago.  We will be taking  a 1965 Ford wagon this year. We stay at a local  hotel that offers shuttle service. While at Hershey don't forget to take a tour of the museum.

I'm driving down Thursday and will probably leave around 1 PM Saturday. This will be the first time since 2012. I'll be wearing a cap that says "USS Soley DD707". Just in case anyone wants to avoid the Tin Can sailor type.

I stay in Highspire and usually have breakfast around 7 AM at the tin diner downtown on RT 22. Staying over until Sunday is a possibility.

Bernie

B-120.jpg

basicly no show cars on Friday except some are in car corral. the actual car show isn't open except saturday

Wife and I am planning on going for the first time "EVER" as long as the weather is decent. I have the Carlisle process down but never being to the Hershey meet I could use some advice for someone going as a spectator, from parking/cost, how many miles out from the park can we find a hotel room last minute (likely coming in Thursday evening). Any particular pattern better to walk through, any areas we shouldn't miss, best food, etc.

If we stay say 20-30 miles away and come in to the park around 8:00 AM Friday are there traffic backups?

I know the show is Saturday but will there be a lot of show cars there Friday viewable?

Thanks

Edited by ted sweet (see edit history)

Weather should be perfect this year at Hershey

...and I just came across 2 excellent Valve _(Rocker) Covers and a set of rocker arms for a 1934 - 1935 Buick 50 Series.

If anyone needs these, I can bring them to Hershey

Might have a hub cap also for a '34 I bought yesterday along with the other stuff

Also  now have access to a set of headlights and taillights in nice condition

Hey, I don't have one of those!

Very nice.

Brian: There was a sign at the BCA's Hershey Flea Market space last week indicating that BCA members who signed in would receive a gift. I waited patiently and eventually was able to sign in (didn't remember my exact member number except for the 47xxx part), and was presented with this very cool pen, wrapped in a sealed plastic wrapper. What a pleasant surprise! Thanks again BCA!

• Like 1