Dodge Brothers sign

Ken_Lincoln

Ken, I look at fonts quite a bit in my work and I've never seen that one replicated. It was probably a custom job by advertisers for Dodge 100 years ago. Can your sign guy take your image, scan it and then adjust the image to the size you need in Photoshop?...if he doesn't do Photoshop maybe he can take your sign image and scale it to the size you need on a large document copier through a reproduction place.

Ken, I've straighten the sign out and corrected the perspective.  I'm going to clean up the letters and have this printed so I can hang it up in my garage.  At the moment the resolution is too low to get a clean image.  Once I do the clean-up I'd be happy to send the file to anyone who wants to use it.  It still needs a lot of work.

sign_zpsjoz1o2hv.jpg

• Like 1

I'm making a big file.  You could have it any size up to about four feet across.  We have a local guy that prints them up.  He makes banners and signs.  There's a shop like that in almost any town.  You can give him the file and he'll print it to size.

Hi Guys,The sign on my avitar is reproduced from a spare tire cover that was being sold on flea bay a couple of years ago. I photocopied it and last year took the idea to our local sign man and got him to make them up. I had 3 made and they are the size of a standard registration plate.Dick Perry has 1 as well as Gundog in the UK.  Yes they both have DB Seniors.They cost me around $25.00 each which I thought to be very reasonable.I also reproduced  the light bracket for them both as well as a left side one for my Senior  Ron

It's really too small as the forum application reduces the photo to an acceptable size.  Your 4128x3096 image has become a 834X625 image thanks to the forum restrictions.  I would need the original file straight out of the camera to make this work.  That is, by the way, one beautiful sign!

Edited by Taylormade (see edit history)

Thanks ... They used your image, and copied the letters to make the other words ...

The sign writer done the pin striping on my wheels a couple of years back.

As it was for home use, they calculated the cost at a carton of Corona`s per side .... More than happy with that ... Got to love the barter system

• 3 years later...