Spam Pie

MrEarl

Can't let this thread get off the page so let's talk about the weather.

MAN, Georgia is in a record breaking heat wave for early June.

In fact "it is so hot" in Georgia you can bake a Spam Pie on the hood of a Buick.

I hear we're not the only ones that's hot...

How hot is it where you are? :D

Did you spray "anti-stick" compound on that Buick hood, Mr. Earl??? Might the latent grease released by the heated SPAM make for a very shiney hood??? Just got to get to it while it's still dripping rather than after it dries, ya reckon???

Supposed to be about 101 in Wichita Falls, TX this weekend. The bike riders have been doing their training for the Hotter 'N Hell 100 mile bike ride.

NTX5467

It was 77 here today...nicest it has been this week. Hopefully we can actually get some garden planted in the country this weekend...something nice and fresh to go with that Spam.

Then again, you could also have green, eggs & Spam.

Supposed to be about 101 in Wichita Falls, TX this weekend. The bike riders have been doing their training for the Hotter 'N Hell 100 mile bike ride.

I rode that one two years ago. A hundred miles in hundred degree heat in five and a half hours.

Ten Speed Spamcycle

We are in a supersonic drought here. The weather people are making up new words to describe it.

I have but two words......

"Effin' hot!"

Guest sintid58

Pretty warm here for the time of the year mid 80's yesterday but the big news around here is the record flooding on the Missouri river. Big part of the reason for flooding is the Corp of engineers is more worried about a couple of endangered birds than the people the damns were built to protect.

It's been steamy here in the Tarheel state. But the last couple days have been low in humidity the past couple of days.

We're in one of those "droughts" too here. Seems we've been in a mythical "drought" for the past 5 years. The only time they don't talk about it is November-February.

Whenever it gets warm it's all the talk about the drought. Nevermind that we for 1.5" of rain in 1 hour the other day, and my grass keeps growing (and growing, and growing).

Drought my foot.

Guest wildcat465
It was 77 here today.

Isn't that like 500-600 the way you guys measure it? :D

Damn, I thought it was SPAM PIE hot here.

I think it used to be more apparent with the J5V...thanks for the laugh Bob.

Football season is gearing up...I'm going to wait until the last minute before buying new cleats for the boys though...last year they each went through 2 pairs over about 5-6 months due to foot growth.

• 2 weeks later...

I like pie.

I like Chuck's. ("Taylor" Converse tennis shoe...OK, officially a basketball shoe, but you get the point...I'm going to see how long I can make this parenthetical conversation go on...how am I doing? Yep, I thought it was pretty good too....have a nice evening....y'all)

I like pie.

I like Chuck's. ("Taylor" Converse tennis shoe...OK, officially a basketball shoe, but you get the point...I'm going to see how long I can make this parenthetical conversation go on...how am I doing? Yep, I thought it was pretty good too....have a nice evening....y'all)

Is somebody bored playing tourist.

and for others who don't know. (or maybe I be the only one who don't)

par·en·thet·i·cal (pabreve.gifrlprime.gifschwa.gifn-thebreve.giftprime.gifibreve.gif-kschwa.gifl)adj. also par·en·thet·ic (-ibreve.gifk)1. Set off within or as if within parentheses; qualifying or explanatory: a parenthetical remark.

2. Using or containing parentheses.

n. A parenthetical word, phrase, or remark.

• 2 weeks later...

Always time for Pie,

Sometimes better than others though...... ;)

Spam Pie Recipe

Ingredients:

1 double pie crust

1 can Spam, cubed

1 cup partially cooked potaotes, cubed

4 oz Velveeta, cubed

8 oz Mozzarella cheese, cubed

1/4 cup bell pepper, chopped

1/4 onion, chopped

3 tablespoons milk

Salt, pepper

Mix all ingredients adding enough milk to keep the mixture moist. Pour into the pie crust and put second crust on top; slit. Bake at 350 degrees until browned.

Serve with tea in the afternoon.

Edited by stealthbob (see edit history)

Dandy Dave's home at last and also had some Spam at the forum breakfast and survived!!! Anyone who did not have Spam at the BCA Breakfast forum is a Chicken (bleep)! You shuda seen um fight over that Bottle of Wine that Old Tank Got to take home.... And I gotta say, Bill Stone, We love ya,... but.... That Pre War Buick T Shirt ( And Mark Shaw Agrees!)... It Looks better on me!!! Mark ended up with Squirl Under Pants... Whoda thunk.... ! More to come tommorrow... I'm tired and I'm headed to bed. Aaaaahhhhhhhhhrrrrrrrrr Matey. Take the ships wheel and guide er on the straight and narrow mateys. And remember, unless ye be Cuban, The Buicks not be Floating so well. Arrrrgggghhhhhhh harrr.... hahrr...haaarrrr... :D Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Radials on the Buick rims? No problem. At least it wasn't on my '54, and I put 18K miles on it before the clutch and trans put the car in the shop.

(which, I have just realized, has been about 10 years ago. I think the car now qualifies for "Barn Find" status... and it's in my own shop!)

The only question I'd have is tire height.

And put the black-walls out, not that little 1-inch wide skunk stripe new tires have.

-Brad

Mr. Earl has many car "finds" in his shop . . . as I understand it. And who knows what else!

Enjoy!

NTX5467

What else, well let's see. How about an International Harvester Refrigerator that my parents bought to keep my milk from going bad when I was a baby. Replaced the wooden Ice Box that I also still have. The fridge has been running non stop, except for a few moves, ever since 1950. Don't keep "milk" in it anymore though.

Oh, and there's about a 5 ft long King Snake in there too. He's my buddy. Never did know what happened to the kitty I put in there though....

I still want to be adopted by MrEarl......

You may want to have a talk with my son before you get any adoption papers drawn up.

plus I'm still trying to get Bob Coker to sign mine.

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)