MY NEW FIND! - It's gotta be a classic!

So, what do you think of my new find? I found it in Tombstone AZ, (Yes, that Tombstone) just off the main drag. It appears to have been there a REALLY long time. <P>So what is it? Is it restorable? what's it worth? Is it a "classic" or am I "Full" of it? smile.gif" border="0<P><BR> tombstone.jpg

A Model T Touring Desert Flower Box. Pretty neat idea. I once thought about putting an old 39 Buick out at the end of our quarter mile lane here with dimly lit headlights at night and a lighted welcome sign to "Buickland" smile.gif" border="0 But after I found out that destroying a rural mail box is the most desirable form of entertainment here, I decided it would only be a short time until the car was trashed frown.gif" border="0 <BR>So, I forgot the idea and reinforced the mail box grin.gif" border="0 Now everybody knows why we have so many Post Office boxes here.

That desert flower ain't no model T, note the high crowned fenders like a Dodge, also the three-quarter elliptic spring sticking out of the rear and the cast spare tire brackets, looks like 1914to 1920 vintage.<BR>Sure looks good where it is.

COME ON guy's- That ain't no CLASSIC.<P>There were very few of what we call "CLASSICS" built...I'm talking about the best of the best, something only the elite CAPTAINS OF INDUSTRY would be seen in. <P>"Look" closely at the "photos" in the "posting". Do you see anything that even FAINTLY resembles a "CLASSIC"? Do you see a MASSIVE "over-engineered" V12 engine or even a WOODEN MOCKUP of one? Do you see rows upon rows of incredibly expensive and complex INSTRUMENTS that only a RICH PERSON could understand? DO YOU SEE great BIG tires to go like HELL with? DO YOU SEE twisted and crumpled bits of COMMON MAN cars underneath this SO_CALLED "CLASSIC"?<P>I didn't "think" so.<P>Hey, don't blame me. Lighten up. I'm OUTA HERE. <P>"LaSalle Lover"

I have two problems with calling that mess a "classic". These days, the car car buffs have VERY clear ideas as to the requirmenets to call a car a "classic".<P>FIRST, Peter failed to say whether he wanted to SELL it.<P>SECOND....it does not have a tree growing thru the floor-boards.<P>Since neither of the above modern requirements were met...I conclude it most certainly is NOT a "classic"<P>Pete Hartmann<BR>Big Springs, AZ

That is a "classic" late 1922 Dodge Brothers. And for the record, there is no such thing as a "1914" Dodge. Our 1915 Dodge Brothers really did look that bad before we started, and I'm taking it on its first tour next month.

Hey John Myer. How did we miss that on our last visit to Tombstone, when the four of us were looking all over town trying to find your 1954 apartment? rolleyes.gif" border="0 ~ hvs

I might have found this one too. I went to work for a guy who promised me trips to Ft. Huachucha (we called it (lovingly) Ft. Hoocheecoochee). You have to drive right through Tombstone to get there. But although he sent me all over the world over the next 19 years, he never sent me to the Fort. frown.gif" border="0 My boss always had some crazy idea that six trips to Honolulu took the place of the Fort. rolleyes.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0

Around here they take old tractor tires, paint 'em white, set 'em at the end of the driveway and plant flowers in 'em. Sometimes they'll even turn the tires inside out, cut crowns in 'em and have a REALLY tacky flowerbox, even including obligatory pink flamingos. Southern culture, on the skids... Erskine Caldwell, eat yer heart out. cool.gif" border="0 Come on back home.