Wanted to Swap Area

AJFord54

I had an idea this weekend, and while I really like it, I know it won't work on our forum.

Do any of you remember "Yankee" magazine? I think it is still published. In it was an area where you could list something you would like to swap such as:

"Want to swap my complete collection of Automobile Quarterly for what have you". I believe they would list a telephone number and people could contact one another. It was always fun reading, as there were many crazy things listed.

What made me think of it is the fact that I came across a book that someone might enjoy, but rather than list in as a classified for money, it would be nice to see what someone might offer as a trade.

The reason I know it won't work is the changing times and perhaps the legal liability for the forum. With so many scams going on in the world, it would seem to be an easy target for someone to not meet their end of the bargain.

However, it would be a very active and enjoyable read for our forum members. Just wish there was a way to do it.

I'LL have to look again in Uncle Henry's,,,,here in Maine..Waddya need,,

Cheers..Ben ,,,Traded firewood for a battery,,sound familiar we got free snow too,,

WANT to Swap- Cold, snow and ice for dry and warmer Arizona weather. Only need it for about 30 - 45 days until better local weather arrives. Will consider other areas but must have temps above a min of 45 degrees and a max of 80.

Also looking for groundhog exterminator to get rid of pest that wants 6 more weeks of winter.

Terry

Shivvering in PA

See what I can do for you Terry. It was a bit nippy today though. Had a cold front come thru last night. Had rain, wind and cold temps. Woke up to heavy frost on the ground and snow in the mountains. Brrrrrr. Got to 59 for a high. They said we should be back up to 75 next week. I should thaw out by then. Sorry, just had to post it. :o

Seriously, all you folks getting hit with all this bad winter weather be safe out there.

WANT to Swap- Cold, snow and ice for dry and warmer Arizona weather. Only need it for about 30 - 45 days until better local weather arrives. Will consider other areas but must have temps above a min of 45 degrees and a max of 80.

Also looking for groundhog exterminator to get rid of pest that wants 6 more weeks of winter.

Terry

Shivvering in PA

I'll throw in a cord of seasoned firewood to sweeten the deal. With that weather I won't need it.

We used to get Yankee and I always loved the Swap page, first thing I looked for. One month I responded to an ad: House on Vinalhaven Island, ME needs work, for old car or what have you? I offered my 1937 Chev Master sedan until the guy wrote back with pictures- decided to keep the Chev and not get the work! The house was worth way less than the car, even then, in that shape. But we coulda been a Maine islander and lobster fisherman for many years now......

Another approach that I have seen in a different hobby forum is to give something away with the stipulation that the receiver of the item has to give away something in exchange. That way the trades don't have to match a specific person. The thread goes on for awhile then the item offered gets no takers and someone has to jump in with a new item to give forward. We could come up with our own rules like credits from past giveaways lets you terminate a giveaway thread, postage is or is not included etc.