Not a good day

Guest my3buicks

Guest my3buicks

I had just got home from work, went in the house and left the dog out, went back to the door a few minutes later to let the dog in and saw the flames shooting out from between the hood and windshield. I typically go down and check my email while the dog is out but changed my normal routine today for some reason and left him in sooner. If I had not done that I may have lost all the Buick's - the 72 & 67 were in the garage in front of it and the Reatta was beside it. here is a picture of the front of the garage. I emptied a fire extinguisher and I might as well spit on the fire, I then got the garden hose out and hosed the garage and the Bonneville until the firetruck got there and finally got it all put out. The had a hard time getting the fire out in the dash.

post-30591-143139210968_thumb.jpg

post-30591-143139210991_thumb.jpg

Guest Redwind89

I wonder if the car was recalled for the spark plug channels?. All GM W, and H bodies were recalled in late 2006 for that. They first started with only the 3800SC engines due to oil spilling out in those channels and melting though and then dripping on to the exhaust manifold and starting a fire. Keith Sorry about the loss but glad it wasn't worst.

Guest my3buicks

My parents bought it new and I got it when they got a new SUV in the spring. Wanted to keep some miles off my other cars and it got fantastic mileage and was a very comfortable cruiser.

Guest my3buicks

I actually have an urge to buy another Reatta for an every day driver - I have been driving the black Reatta daily since the Bonneville died as a friend of mine that is staying with me is driving my Subaru, and I am enjoying driving the Reatta immensely. A true joy to drive, one of the most comforatble cars I have ever owned.

I actually have an urge to buy another Reatta for an every day driver - I have been driving the black Reatta daily since the Bonneville died as a friend of mine that is staying with me is driving my Subaru, and I am enjoying driving the Reatta immensely. A true joy to drive, one of the most comforatble cars I have ever owned.

I'm liking that idea! :D

I can hook you up with a really nice convertible for a good price if you're interested. I've been driving it almost every day all summer.

Lemme know if I can ease your pain. :)