Foundparts.com

BUICK RACER

Guest Foundparts

I am one of the guys behind the site. We are car guys who think trading cars and parts online can be improved. Specifically, we believe there is an opportunity to tell the world what you have/want and we will connect you with folks who wish to trade those parts in a super easy way.

We are a work in progress and want to craft the site based on customer (your) feedback. We are iterating very quickly and are looking for folks who are willing to provide feedback on an ongoing basis. If you are interested in being part of this group, we would love to hear from you. Please email Steve at foundparts dot com or PM me.

Guest Foundparts
It's telling me to log in thru facebook, which I don't use. No thanks!

John

Thanks John. We are working on an alternative flow that doesn't require Facebook that hopefully would help.

Guest Foundparts
How about a general search for 30's,40's,50's parts, instead of vehicle specific? Broad searches always open up more possibilities. Matt

Great suggestion. Thanks!

Steve,

Yes, I would recommend you find an alternate venue other than Facebook for your site. There are a legion of potential users out there who have no association with FB. I myself have never had a FB account due to privacy concerns. Note also that I have been a professional software developer for about 30 years, and am currently employed at one of the major shops.

Let us know when if and when you have something available for the non-FB folks.

Thanks,

Edited by michaelod (see edit history)

Guest Foundparts

Thanks everyone for the feedback and checking out the site! We are actively working on an alternative signup method other than FB and will keep you posted when that is live. Happy Father's Day!

I logged in using my wife's facebook info. Put in the Year, Make, and Model (1964, Buick, Riviera) and got hits on a bunch of parts for a Sunbeam Alpine Tiger. Looks like only one guy is involved and trying to sell his own parts. If it's closed to just the facebook community, it's eliminating a whole generation of car restorers.

Ed

If it's closed to just the facebook community, it's eliminating a whole generation of car restorers.

Ed

Agree Ed. For this to become anywhere near as effective as craigslist the Facebook only access is going to be a huge growth constraint. Old car enthusiasts as a general rule aren't into Facebook. As time goes on that will probably change but not for another generation.

I do think there is potential for a buy/sell online automobile parts only community. Though craigslist is so well established, free and easy to place ads on it will be tough to draw folks away from that unless there is something catchy and new like more powerful/flexible search engine capability.

The Jaxed Mash if working again, but it's not as quick and easy as it was a year or so ago. I've been able to find a couple of items using it recently. One thing that makes if more difficult to use is that it only operates through the Google Chrome browser. You have to open Google Chrome then go to the Jaxed Mash.

Ed

I just found this post while looking through the classifieds. Sounds like a good concept but not through Face Book.

I agree, Face Book is a total turn off for me. I have an account only because I needed to contact someone who only communicated through Face Book. My kids are on it almost continuosly but I think as they age and get more responsibilities their attraction to the site is going to wane. Real adults with adults responsibilities don't have time to waste on Face Book. An independent site, IMO, is the best way to go. I won't participate with a site that is Face Book dependent.