Friday the 13th

West Peterson

I worry more about a black cat crossing the road in front of me.

Left to right.....Right to left. One way is worse than the other. Don't know which. I always put 3 X's on my wind shield, with my finger, when a black cat crosses the road in front of me. The 3 X's are supposed to alleviate or cancel the hex.

I believe in ghosts. I've seen a few and felt one next to me and lived in a house with one.

I walk under ladders.

Friday the 13th is just another day. Besides.... 13 is my lucky number.

Bill H

Since we're talking about ghosts....:eek:

Years ago, when my wife's parents were still alive, the parents lived/rented an old 1800's home that had been owned by a judge years before. Bill and Eady were just getting by, the house was pretty dilapidated, but it was home. One of Gloria's nephews was spending the weekend down there. The young fellow kept telling granddad to answer the phone granddad, answer the phone.

Old Bill, said your grandma will get it son. :confused:

Only thing was, the house never had a telephone while they lived in it. True story!:eek::o

Wayne

this morning, got up around 4:45 as usual, not wantin to disturb the wifey, walkin to the bathroom in the dark, walked smack dab into the half open bathroom door.:eek:..... busted upper lip and skint eyebrow. the day couldn't do anythin but git better, the 13th or not.....:o:rolleyes:.

this morning, got up around 4:45 as usual, not wantin to disturb the wifey, walkin to the bathroom in the dark, walked smack dab into the half open bathroom door.:eek:..... busted upper lip and skint eyebrow. the day couldn't do anythin but git better, the 13th or not.....:o:rolleyes:.

My wife does that and then she stubbs her toe.......At least a couple of times a year. I tell her very politely....Turn on the light, It will wake me up but after 35 years of the same routine Ill get over it.........

Read my lips, TURN ON A LIGHT its the smart thing to do.

As the people who know me know that I am known for my big heart

Mr Earl I hope you are ok Really (see big heart)

Chuck Kerls

booreatta@cox.net

In my family Friday the 13th was a blessed day since I have a niece and a nephew that were each born on a Friday the 13th.

(Message to those running into doors and stubbing toes at night heading to the bathroom. Get a night light that you can turn off/on, or an automatic dusk to dawn one, that usually has the small white bulb in it. Exchange the white bulb for one of the dark blue "Cool Bright" Christmas bulbs. You can see in the dark and the blue light won't cause your pupils to constrict like the white light will. It also won't tend to wake the person still sleeping up. Been using one of those for years in our bathroom, we pull the door to but don't actually shut it, and hallway outside the closed bedroom door. Now back to our regular topic. This also works well in young kid's rooms. :) )

There isn't a 13th floor in tall buildings, I've got a good friend leaving on a cruise that isn't sailing until the 14th (as if it really makes any difference with cruises these days), and there i3th stop on some bus lines. Just to be safe I left work a bit early to catch a nearby antique shop that I've not been in for about a year. Found a great early auto magazine for $6 - Automobile Dealer and Repairer magazine from 1911 with some great ads in it. I don't mind the "13th" at all!

Terry

You wouldn't believe how many, what you would think would be rational people, believe in similar things. Boggles my mind.

Agreed to a point, Barry. Then I thought for about 2 seconds. From personal experience at many AACA National, Library, and, Museum board meetings I am convinced the club initiated the "Baker's Dozen" (a.k.a. 13). Have not attended one of the meetings that did not have donuts galore.

You should join the AACA and attend some of the National Meets and Tours. Guaranteed there will be a "Bakers Dozen 13+" donut stop somewhere.

Another first for the greatest club within the old car hobby!!

Regards,

Peter J.