My nephew working on my '57

Guest Vetteman61

Guest Vetteman61

My nephew is 11 years old. He's my sister's 3rd kid and the only one that seems to have taken an interest in old cars. He likes coming over and helping me out some time. I'm changing out the original 3 speed in my '57 Chevy for a factory 3 speed with overdrive so he helped me change it. Thought maybe someone might like this picture:

IMG_1467.jpg

Brandon

Guest danceswithpumps

Brandon,

You are one blessed uncle and he is also very blessed to have an uncle like you! More kids now days need the companionship and guidance of a caring adult. Your mechanic experience will not only give him a great background but will instill good work ethics rarely found today.

Enjoy these great memories with him!:)

Rod van Pelt

Guest real550A

That's a great pic! Both of my boys were raised around the garage, and my many '57 Chevs.

They both grew up to be fine men and still hang around the Ol' man's shop quite often.

No more '57's, just old Porsche 911's and a Model A on the way.

Guest Skyking

Great photo!! My son Dennis was 12 when he started restoring his Metropolitan. Now he is 44 and has his own restoration shop. Start'm young.

Guest Foggy norm

WHAT! Can't get you belly under there anymore, there are child labor law's!.......Kidding. Beautiful pic, seriously...that's a frame'r!

Brandon..that is truly the circle of life. As was said in a previous post, "the interest of the young by the not so young" That's the way and age that I learned how to work on cars with my grandfather and my dad. A life changing and enhancing experience! Enjoy it to the fullest!

Guest Vetteman61

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

WHAT! Can't get you belly under there anymore, there are child labor law's!.......Kidding. Beautiful pic, seriously...that's a frame'r!

HAHAHAHA, well, I'm 6 foot tall and 155 lbs, so I think I'm doing OK.

"If one of my son in laws would help me with a car once, I think I wouls sign a car over to them... they just aren't interested. Good for you. Always nice to have someone help you. "

I sure wish you were my father-in-law!!!

I picked my nephew up from school yesterday in my '31 Chevy. He seemed to be thrilled. I still remember the one Friday (my dad was off every other friday) my dad picked me up from school in his '61 Vette. I don't think I'll ever forget that day.

Brandon

Hopefully he won’t lose interest.

My nephew starting helping me work on my 55 Pontiac when he was 6 and loved every minute of it. By 7 I had him sitting on pillows and driving the Amphicar on the water for hours on end. Still have fishhooks in it from us fishing out of it. By 12 he had zero interest in any of my old cars. At 16 he still visits me every other week and spends time in the garage but is on the computer, facebook, etc.

Guest Vetteman61

Yeah, I don't tolerate that texting every 2 seconds and being on the internet constantly. Luckily Jacob isn't into all that either. Maybe he's too young, or maybe he's just not one of "those." Hehe.

Brandon