Other 1941 Owners.

414TATA

I have a Special 46S, compound carbs. I bought the car 2 years ago in South Dakota and ship it to the Netherlands.

Till now I never drive the car, it needs a complete body off restoration.

I working now 2 years on it and when everyting is going OK then after winter time I drive to the technical inspection to become licence plates.

Bert

Buick 46S `41

Buick Riviera `71

Chevy C10 `74

• 3 months later...
Guest 1941Buick56C

As my name states, I have a 1941 56C. What a beauty. Clutch is geeting weak and needs to be replaced. Already have the parts. It backfires when coasting. Not sure why. Pulling oxygen in from the exhaust system? It needs to get a new roof as well at some point. And, the vacuum mechanism to pull the roof up and down is not working properly. It has some pull but not enough to dod the job.

Fun!

Best,

Jan

Guest 1941Buick56C
Vacuum leak around your intake manifold? Cracked vacuum line?

Cheers

Grant

Thanks Grant - will have to have it checked out.

Best,

jan

Guest 1941Buick56C
Jan, Also, just for a trial, replace the distributor condenser.

Thanks for the tip! Will look into it.

Best,

Jan

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 41 sedanette

hi i have a 41 , sedanette 46s. but has single carb, iv done alot of work on it up to now but still a way to go .. its been stood forty years so its not going to be perfect but ill get use out of it.. she is two tone silver/grey at the moment but i will be re doing the paint in burgundy/maroon at the end of summer come winter.. im on the look out for a front and rear bumper as some one as fitted 38 buick bumpers to her for some reason.. hope u dont mind me messaging you.. nice to be part of the 41 club

Guest 41 sedanette

hi your buick looks good.. wish mine was this colour instead of the two tone silver, but guess that can be changed at the end of this season.. thanks for the pic.. kev:)

• 1 year later...

I haven't looked at this thread for a while, so here's an update on mine. I've had my '41 Roadmaster on the road for about a year now, and I'm loving it! The interior is not yet fully in, but hopefully in a couple of weeks it will be ready to install. I've put about 1,500 miles on it so far, and though I had a few "teething" troubles, it's been fun to drive.

About a month ago, my wife and I were going to a local cruise night, and it started running very bad, and then I smelled gas. So I stopped and opened to hood, and a stream of gas was shooting out of a small hole at the top of the rear carb. As soon as the fuel pressure went down, it stopped though. I let it cool off, and determined that the rear carb was completely full of gas, so I cut a small piece of gasket material to block the gas line into the back carb, and drove home on the front one.

What happened was one of the floats got a leak and filled with gas, so the needle valve never closed, and just kept filling the bowl up. Fortunately, I had a spare float, and all is now well again!

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a 1941 Buick Special Sedanette 46S-SE about four months ago. I am in the process of finding the parts and pieces that I will need to complete the car. I've also joined the BCA and have started recieving the "Bugle". I have enjoyed reading other Buick owners stories and tips! I am unsure as to which direction to take with my car. I love the look of a nicely restored car, but I also love the look of a customized car. I wouldn't be getting crazy with it, it would be mostly original, except for paint and lowering the stance, just a little...

Guest ole buick
Just curious how many other 1941 Buick owners here on this site.

Me 1941 Super 51

All original. Just turned 24K on the odometer. Man are these old Buicks fun.:)

Wayne

I have a 41 Roadmaster, I just joined the Forum yesterday so I'm not sure if you are still collecting this info. I absolutely love this car. I think I could easily fall in love with almost any classic car. post-96300-143142179697_thumb.jpg

post-75951-143142183284_thumb.jpg

Hi Wayne,

Great idea for a thread! Sorry I'm just now getting around to joining.

For those of you I haven't met, I have a 1941-76C currently in parts and pieces, but steadily moving forward on restoration. It can be seen under "Me and My Buick" http://forums.aaca.org/f163/anderson-pearson-my-1941-76c-buick-320803.html With the help and support of many of you, I continue to learn more and more about my car. I've been slammed at work lately, so have been lax in updating my thread. I hope to get caught up very soon. By the way, the attached photo is what I'm going for...not what I have...ha, what I have are HIGH aspirations :cool:

Go Fireball, go!

Anderson

Just curious how many other 1941 Buick owners here on this site.

Me 1941 Super 51

All original. Just turned 24K on the odometer. Man are these old Buicks fun.:)

Wayne

Edited by 41Roadmaster
added photo (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...