CHARLOTTE 2012

Charlotte is a great event. The flea market is getting bigger every year (I think last year was 10,000 spaces) the weather has been nice (except for the pollen on the show cars), the people are very friendly, the venue is great, the food is fantastic, and it is well located with low priced hotel rooms near by (I paid 35.00 a night only 6 miles from the show). Unfortunately I will not be going this year since the Ontelaunee Region is holding a summer show only a month later and it is only 5 miles from my house.

• 3 months later...

Below is the registration form for the meet.

No mention of the awards banquet.

Can someone explain?

Bob

attend an event click the register button in the first column:

ItemNo Description Cost

1 Vehicle Registration $30.00

2 Saturday 5:30 PM Picnic - Fried Chicken & BBQ Pork, Cole Slaw, Beans & Dessert $25.00

3 Saturday Picnic - Youth (4-12 yrs) $15.00

4 Motor Home, Camping, any sleeping vehicle (no trailer) reserved parking at Charlotte AutoFair $25.00

5 Motor Home or sleeping vehicle with Show Car trailer reserved parking at Charlotte AutoFair $25.00

6 Show Car Trailer & Tow Vehicle (no overnight sleeping) reserved parking at Charlotte AutoFair $25.00

The later date for Charlotte AutoFair and the 2012 AACA National Meet is a one time change due to Easter weekend and a Speedway conflict. Things will be back to the first weekend in April for 2013.

Awards will be given at 4:00 pm in the AACA Tent adjacent to the showfield. The Awards "Picnic" will begin at 5:30 for those registered for the picnic dinner. I don't know the menu yet, but have heard talk of a BBQ buffet.

Registration deadline is March 16.

This is an AACA National Show so there is no Peoples Choice Award. But with all the unique cars you have there is a place for you between class judging, HPOF and DPC. You must be a member of AACA National to enter the show. Judging guidelines and are available here in the online Judges Manual.

Hope to see you in Charlotte!

I used to live in Frederick, MD. For years, I went to Carlisle and Hershey faithfully. However, I moved to SC in 2010. I'm glad to find out there is an AACA meet in Charlotte, which is only 1.5 hours away from me. I shall be there!!!!

And not only a meet but the AutoFair as well. Lots and lots of vehicles, parts and other items. :)

Well, I've had a change of heart and have decided to go to Charlotte AND Reading. I just couldn't bear not experiencing the great food and wonderful people of the Charlotte meet. The bonus is that my wife has consented to come with me this time. If I can convince her, we just might put on our "American Gothic" costumes for the show also. I am going to be tryiing for my Senior award with my Farm o Road . No excuses this time Shop Rat for not stopping over for a visit!! Wayne...I hope to see you again also!!

Matt;

Please stop over and introduce yourself (sure hope the judges share your enthusiasm). If it is one thing a Crosley owner enjoys, it is talking about his car. I guess that is true about most of us in the hobby. I'd lve to look close at your Model A if you bring it!! I'll be bringing my Hotshot also in DPC if you have an interest in that!!! By the way Hornets nest region....the change in format with the awards meeting followed by the picnic is a prime motivation in my changing my mind. I think it is a great idea!!!!

Edited by DAVE A (see edit history)

I will certainly look you up. I am not sure I will have the Model A there. I have a local friend who wants to try for his 1st Junior on his 1931 Chevrolet and I am probably going to loan him my enclosed trailer to go to Charlotte. I will be judging. I am thinking of driving my 1984 Riviera up and entering in in HPOF, since HPOF is now 25 years and older.

see you there!!! I'm really starting to look forward to this show season. Got some exciting shows on tap with at least 1 major event each month from April to November!!! I'm a little disappointed that I won't have my next project done for spring, but eye surgery this month will put me on the sideline for a couple of weeks .

Jay;

I don't know how old you are but if you have a few years on you or if you have ANY lower limb problems at all, I would recommend buying or renting a scooter or cart of some kind. The flea markets are massive and there seems to be something interesting to a car guy around every corner. I certainly mean no offense to Carlisle or Hershey, but I have found more stuff at Charlotte by accident than purposefully looking for it at the other two!!! And generally the vendors are cherful and willing to bargain. I recommend it as highly as I can!!!

I'll be 58 this summer. I don't have any mobility problems, especially since I've shed over 100 lbs. since August. I walk several miles every day. I'm back into clothes I haven't worn for 15 years or so!

I know what you mean about finding things by accident. Happened all the time at Carlisle. In the 30+ years I went there, I was never able to go through the whole fairgrounds at one time. One thing that impressed me, though, was all the 10 year old through teens who had wagons and carts that you could hire for $5 or $10, and they would haul your ''treasures'' out to your vehicle. That is a life saver! I'm sure they make quite a tidy profit.

Jay;

Like you I will be 58 this year and I thought myself to be in pretty good shape. I am a hunter and believed I could walk non stop. By the middle of the second day of walking the Charlotte flea market (it will take 3 days to cover it reasonably), I was begging my friend Barry for a ride on his scooter. I didn't see very many "parts kids" at Charlotte, like at Hershey or Carlisle.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bluepv544

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask this but it does concern Charlotte. A few years ago I entered my 1965 Volvo PV544 in 27F. While it does fit the class it did look out of place with all the domestic cars. It is a good, 10 footer, weekend driver. Can you think of a better class for my car? Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Guest bchevy

Is there anyone coming to Spring Charlotte from the Daytona Beach area, with some room in the truck? I'm trying to arrange a purchase in Daytona Beach Shores, FL 32118. If someone can pick it up and bring it with them let me know what we can work out! I'm in the green field.

email me at bchevy7 at yahoo.com

thanks!