Daddy is sick

bhambulldog

Guest rsd9699

I wish your father the best of the very best in his hospital stay.

I have a 93 year old father that is showing his age.

Not much we as children can do but love them and care for them and be there for them.

Ron

Sorry to hear of the troubles you folks are going though. I'm sending a wish for the best out come. Yes, Be sure to tell him all his forum pals are thinking of him in his time of need.

Oh, And tell him to watch out for those pretty Nurses, Sometimes they bite. Mostly if you don't behave. ;) Dandy Dave!

Dad is doing better. Thanks to all for your kind words and concern.

Daddy is sick - V8Buick.com

Sep 2 update,

Dad will be moved from the hospital to rehabilitation facility early next week. My sister and I are going to work out the details tomorrow. My sister and brother in law have found a wonderful rehab center just blocks from where I work and from where my sister lives. And it's only ten miles from my Dad's and Mom's house. And my house is exactly halfway from the rehab and Mom's and Dad's.

He is feeling better. I just got a report from the doctor. Dad's kidneys have increased function. And he is more alert. Dad is looking forward to moving to the rehab facility.

Sep 3 update,

Looking back, I believe he forgot to take his medicine last weekend. We're going to take steps to insure that doesn't happen again.

His condition has improved enough that the hospital is going to release him to the rehab center on Saturday rather than Monday.

My brother has flown in from Boston.

My sister and her husband have driven up from the Gulf coast.

My niece and her husband drove down from Fort Campbell.

Dad's spirits are better with the attention of the folks from out of town. And, I'll tell him y'all are pulling for him, too. Dad will much appreciate it.

Dad has left the Hospital and is at the nursing center.

I'm at Mom's now. I went to the grocery yesterday for her and got a bunch of fresh fruit and other stuff. My sister in law brought cooked meals over, every night this week.

I've been spending most nights at Mom's and Dad's for most of the past two years. My in town brother spends three days a week at their house as well along with his son. He's a Mister Mom

Another brother is down from Boston and staying at Mom's for the weekend. He just came back from visiting Dad. While he was there the therapists had dad walking up and down the hall with no assitance! (they had a tether around his waist to catch him from falling).

His therapist is actually an Occupational Therapist, one that prepares patients for going back to work.

So, we'll be hoping and praying this first week of therapy goes well. Things are looking a lot better than they did on Tuesday.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for asking Lamar. It's good news - bad news .........

Bad news is; He is not better.

Good news is; He is not worse.

Dad went last week to be re-evaluated by the Urologist. The Urologist removed the catheter. Only, to have to replace it 9 hours later. Dad can't void his bladder. The Urologist determined that Dad is too high a risk for prostate surgery, due to his weakened heart. At Dad's urging the Urologist, tomorrow (Tuesday Oct 4) is going to re-consider. And, with the Cardiologist's concurrence, perhaps they will operate on the prostate.

Thanks to all for your concern

Edited by bhambulldog
add tuesday (see edit history)

Dad has taken a turn for the worse. Dad had to taken to the Emergency room. His kidneys are failing and the doctors say Dad has hours or or Days at the longest.

Here is Dad in some happier times;

Dad; circa 1935. Birmingham Fire Station number 3. Dad's Grandfather was the Fire Chief. The City provided the chief's family with an apartment above the station. Dad lived there in the fire station with his Grandfather.

DSCN0031.jpg

Dad U.S. Army circa 1952 ( Korea 1951-1953);

DSCN0032.jpg

Dad home on leave, with Mom;

DSCN0033-1.jpg

Mom and Dad 1979 my Sister's wedding;

DSCN0036.jpg

Dad's car in the Buick Bugle May 1980;

DSCN0037.jpg

So sorry to hear this James. I had always planned on stopping in to see him on my trips that way and so sorry now that I never did. Thank you for posting so we could in a sense be with you during this time. Please let your family know that the Buick community is thinking of them and that we will miss Joe.

Our condolences to your family.

Your Dad touched so many lives and will now touch many more.

The Good Lord surely has the gate wide open today.

How great would that be to live with your Grand Dad above a Fire Station.

James and family,

I wrote this about my dad when he passed Christmas Day 2008 and have shared it with friends who lost their Dads since. He was a hard ass (with a heart of gold) who had 2 passions;

Farming and his Wife (our mom) of 63 years.

YOU BETTER SIT UP STRAIGHT

WHEN YOU DRIVE THAT TRUCK

PEOPLE THAT KNOW IT

WILL EXPECT THAT MUCH

WHEN I HEAD DOWN THE ROAD

TO CHECK THE NEW CROP'S GROWTH

IT'S A SIGHT FOR ME

THAT'LL NEVER GROW OLD

AT THE END OF THE DAY

IT KNOWS IT'S WAY BACK HOME

A FULL DAY ROUND HERE

LEAVES NO TIME TO ROAM

THE AMERICAN FLAG ONLY

ON THE BUMPER PLEASE

NOTHIN' BOUT PEACE OR DOPE

OR EVIL THINGS

OL' GLORY STILL MEANS SOMETHING

IN THIS SMALL TOWN

WE STAND IN IT'S PRESENCE

PASS THAT WORD AROUND

KEEP YOUR HAT ON STRAIGHT

AND THE BILL TO THE FRONT

REDNECKS ONLY

GONNA RIDE THAT TRUCK

MANLY FOOTWEAR ONLY

NO SANDALLS OR SUCH

EXCEPT FOR YOUR GAL

MAYBE JUST THAT ONCE

EVERYBODY REMEMBERS

IT DON'T NEED A NAME

IF YOUV'E BEEN MISBEHAVIN'

THEY'LL KNOW WHO TO BLAME

NO HIP HOPP JIVE

OR TALK SHOW HOSTS

THAT RADIO'S FOR MARKETS

AND THE TRADING POST

God's rest to your Dad

Rick & Janet Young

Edited by RICK YOUNG (see edit history)

Guest DinoBob

My condolences to you. We do not know each other as such but you have been there with advice and comments on my '60. I appreciate it and hopefully someday we'll meet up. My dad is as precious to me as yours was (and will always be) to you.

Condolences are sent from this corner of the Buick Universe. Only those who bear the loss will know the true pain, but many of us share in your grief. God bless your Mom, and all your family too. We send our peace to you especially James.

RIP Joseph Avery Miller Not to be forgotten!

So sorry to hear this James. I had always planned on stopping in to see him on my trips that way and so sorry now that I never did. Thank you for posting so we could in a sense be with you during this time. Please let your family know that the Buick community is thinking of them and that we will miss Joe.

Thank you Lamar. Although y'all never met face to face, Dad was proud to count you among his friends.

Our condolences to your family.

Your Dad touched so many lives and will now touch many more.

The Good Lord surely has the gate wide open today.

How great would that be to live with your Grand Dad above a Fire Station.

James and family,

I wrote this about my dad when he passed Christmas Day 2008 and have shared it with friends who lost their Dads since. He was a hard ass (with a heart of gold) who had 2 passions;

Farming and his Wife (our mom) of 63 years.

YOU BETTER SIT UP STRAIGHT

WHEN YOU DRIVE THAT TRUCK

PEOPLE THAT KNOW IT

WILL EXPECT THAT MUCH

WHEN I HEAD DOWN THE ROAD

TO CHECK THE NEW CROP'S GROWTH

IT'S A SIGHT FOR ME

THAT'LL NEVER GROW OLD

AT THE END OF THE DAY

IT KNOWS IT'S WAY BACK HOME

A FULL DAY ROUND HERE

LEAVES NO TIME TO ROAM