Sorry bout that

Guest sintid58

Guest sintid58

I must have really made someone angry for the last post I made here for it to dissapear so fast I never saw what was said. In the end all I wish would happen would be for me to be able to do my job without some expert that has never been in a truck (or hasn't been in one for over 10 years) trying to show me how to do it. I learn something new everyday and the day I quit learning I will have died. I do not own the road and have never said I do. I just would like to rent the space I am using at the moment and be left alone to use it.

Guest Rob McDonald

SID, your posts have been gentlemanly and very informative, for those of who use only the bottom five feet or so of the airspace above the highway. If something nasty was said to you, to cause your thread to be deleted, I missed it too. Which is a good thing for both of us.

Sadly for a lot of people, road rage doesn't stop when they step out of their vehicle. Other forums that I consult from time to time are full of nasty confrontations over some of the most lame matters. Whether it's because of good website moderation - my sincere thanks to those who do that work - or because Buick people are just a more evolved species, we don't suffer much of that bitterness here.

It's more proof that, When Better Car Enthusiasts Are Built, they'll be driving Buicks.

Guest wildcat465

I did not see the what was on there before the deletion, but Sid, you have proven to be a good guy in my book (not sure if that is a good book though :rolleyes:). Don't worry keep sharing your wisdom.

It is still much more rare to get stuff pulled here on the BCA side than the AACA General forums. I have had posts deleted over there five times in the last few months...apparently my style doesn't jibe with the moldy oldies. Yeah, I said it!

The gist of it is, be polite and courteous towards ALL other motorists no matter what you drive.

Back to pie.

Guest my3buicks

Maybe it had something to do with the post having absolutely nothing to do with Buicks. Or could it have been the preaching from a truck drivers perspective not sitting well with others? Or maybe someone gave a 4 wheelers perspective on truck drivers. Bottom line is its not really related to the forum.

There is a 331 post thread about local weather reports FGS!

Not that I mind it just saying is all..... focus.gif

Dahhooooo.... Yeah, comming up on almost 8,000 hits. It must have Something to do with the Buick Snow Master that was mentioned. And when is the weather good enough so that we can we drive our old cars again. Whodathunk.... :P Dandy Dave!

Guest sintid58

Well right now I am in the passenger seat riding down Donners pass on Tinas first time down it. As far as being off topic everything I said had to do with driving, Buicks, I believe would be included in that..

Edited by sintid58 (see edit history)

Guest Kingoftheroad
I believe I got cantankerous, since I don't get political, religious or rude. Wait a minute, maybe I got rude...

LOL, I laughed when I read that.....

Well right now I am in the passenger seat riding down Donners pass on Tinas first time down it. As far as being off topic everything I said had to do with driving, Buicks, I believe would be included in that..

It Helps to have a following, and a bunch of car collecting ex military men to back you up when they try to give you the pinch. Where is the whistling while you work smiley when I need him??? He was one of my favorites!.... Hey,... a saluting smilley would be great also. Dandy Dave!

Well now I know how to keep an off topic alive...paratrooper.gif

To be honest I posted in the Weather thread and I keep getting notices when a reply is made so I have kept up on it. soldier.gif

I missed what may have taken the previous thread down but suffice to say there was a polarized debate procreating which was bringing out emotional responses...they can lead to volatility and drama so I guess that is what happened. Me thinks the sans Buick talk had little to do with the pull. crazy_pilot.gif

All in all I don't mind when posts/threads get pulled....I have moderated boards myself and it is difficult for this very reason.

This has got to be the "Lowest Noise" board out there and considering how many people here regularly post that is something to be said. The car hobby has many a contentious issue but that noise is held to a soft humm here and that is due to the staff that holds the delete button. Hell has there ever been a ban here?

We will be good...we promise scaut_en.gif

drinks.giffriends.gifdrinks.giffriends.gif

Oh one last thing...Buick declare.gif

Edited by stealthbob (see edit history)

Not to belabor the issue...but I don't think it was the OP that was the problem, nor any sans Buick talk.

IMHO, Its most more like the responses and then the responses to that ect ect, it was getting "Noisy"

As far as my opinion on approaching these situations is to close the thread (only staff can post after that) and NOT to delete it. This way a response/comment can be posted by the Closing Mod as to why it was Closed for all to see. This gives us two things...insight as to what was posted and why it was closed while holding accountability to the closer.

This whole "gone like a fart in the wind" approach I think is what gets people bent in the first place.

Edited by stealthbob (see edit history)

Guest Kingoftheroad

"Aren't those cars driven by old farts with hats?" hi.gif

That was my theory.

When I was younger, had Camaros, Mustangs, trucks, etc.. I figured I was getting old fart disease cause now I own a Buick....lol j/k guys...

"Not that theres anything wrong with that..."

Guest Kingoftheroad
Actually the correct discription is "Old farts with hats and big ears". ........HEY, I resemble that remark..................Bob

LOL......

Guest Kingoftheroad
Let's press the envelope....

Old farts never die, they just drive Buicks. :D

LOL,

or

Old farts never die, they just BUY more Buicks...