Take a break from the cold and bad weather

Barney Eaton

Fed up with the weather? Consider the Texas Buick & Bluebonnets Tour in April. I know that central Texas may be a few hundred miles from where you live but it will be worth every mile. April 8-10 in Salado TX .....where the he... is Salado? Check the map, on I-35 about 140 miles south of Dallas, Salado is an old stage coach stop on the Chisholm trail (cattle drive)

The town is only about 1500 people but it is a tourist stop with lots of shops, Salado creek runs next to the Stagecoach Inn where we stay and again April is lovely in Texas....... bluebonnets and other Texas wild flowers should be in bloom.

Check your Bugle calander for details or call Rod @ 281-454-6715 or John @ 281-424-1989.

We love to have Buicks from out of state that most of us have never seen.

Please dust off the Buick and come and visit us in April.

Stoneberg has been after me to get down there. Unfortunately that is the beginning of planting season here.

Just as Hershey is smack dab at the beginning of harvest.

It's good to know I'm not the only one he's been pestering. :D

One of these years I will fly down for the weekend as I think it should be fun. I can't see driving down at that time of the year though...the Buicks will generally still be finishing their winter nap as we usually still get some snow in April.

According to the news tonight, we now have more snow than an average winter, so the road south may be closed at that time of year too from the Red River flooding.

Guest Jim_Edwards
Fed up with the weather? Consider the Texas Buick & Bluebonnets Tour in April. I know that central Texas may be a few hundred miles from where you live but it will be worth every mile. April 8-10 in Salado TX .....where the he... is Salado? Check the map, on I-35 about 140 miles south of Dallas, Salado is an old stage coach stop on the Chisholm trail (cattle drive)

The town is only about 1500 people but it is a tourist stop with lots of shops, Salado creek runs next to the Stagecoach Inn where we stay and again April is lovely in Texas....... bluebonnets and other Texas wild flowers should be in bloom.

Check your Bugle calander for details or call Rod @ 281-454-6715 or John @ 281-424-1989.

We love to have Buicks from out of state that most of us have never seen.

Please dust off the Buick and come and visit us in April.

Since Barney didn't give a link to the Stage Coach Inn, I'll do it. Unto itself a historic place. If you book a room from April to October, you will enjoy a bevy of car club blowouts the whole time. Seems like some club is there almost every weekend.

Stay in Salado - Historic Stagecoach Inn - Sam Houston Room, Dining, Retreats, Lodging

Jim

Rick...... my Nancy says it is supposed to rain that weekend in Iowa. Don't know how she knows but she seems to know a lot since she started practicing witchcraft.

PS after posting this, the next time you see me, I may have a much smaller (shrunken)head.

Rick, I'm surprised you haven't consulted the "Old Farmers' Almanac" for the weather in IA that weekend. It's generally NICE in central TX that weekend. As mentioned, the spring season sees LOTS of car groups trek to the Stagecoach Inn for weekend getaway-events. It's historic in that respect, too.

Barney . . . TMI! Is there a reason y'alls new vehicle is called "Enclave"?

Thanks for the registration form link, Willie.

Enjoy!

NTX5467

OK, you have piqued my interest..do you fly into DFW or Houston to get to this Bluebonnet / Buick / Shots and Beers with Old Tank and Mike event?

It is ........cold here....:)

It is best to drive; second best to fly into Austin, TX where we can arrange limo service in some ol' raggedy 55 or 47 or 64 or 39 or Reatta or....

Willie

IF you might be "napping in a Buick", you and Mr. Earl could become the first TWO members of a rather exclusive club.

Central TX in that time of the year is pretty nice!

It's supposed to be in the higher 60s-low 70s next week in N TX! Quite a change!

Enjoy!

NTX5467

Get enough Buick people and charter a plane. You could land in Waco.... an old military strip that George W used when was pres and would come home to Crawford. Texas is loaded with airstrips that were used for training in WWII. My little town of Georgetown (population of about 40K) has an old military strip that is not the city airport, two runways, one 5000 X 100 and the other 4100 x 75.

We would love to host as many visiting Buick owner as possible...... nice weather/cold beer.

With an almost certain guarantee of two BCA board members in attendance (if we could get two more we could change the bi-laws)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The show is over and the weather was great. At last count we had about 26 Buicks and at least 4 had never been to the show before.

The cover car from March 2011 Bugle (1964 blue Special convertible) won first place.

With all the great cars, I was quite supprised when our 1939 Century coupe won Peoples choice and a trophy that is the size you would get after winning the World Wrestling championship. It is so large I don't have a place in the house for it and am thinking seriously about putting it out front and mounting the mail box to it.

I forgot my camera.....hopefully someone will post some pictures of the cars. I am sure Pete will give them a page in the Bugle but that will not be seen for a few months.

Sorry you missed the Bluebonnet Tour, watch the Bugle for next years (which I believe is April 20-21)