what would you say is reasonable for a 1991 Park Avenue?

NCBRIJEN

I have come across a 1991 Buick Park Avenue with just 26,000 miles on it priced @ $2,800. The Buick is artic white with Blue interior...does not have leather BUT is in "like new" Condition and has original window sticker with it. I undersand its hard to put a value in this car however... I would like to hear some honest opinions... Is this a good deal or should I pass?

Thanks for your help in my decision...

I would offer some considerations:

26K original. This car has the potential to go 200K without major engine or transmission work.

Brakes will be an issue soon. Fronts are no problem, with standard parts and service. Rears are another story if it has 4 wheel disc. The rear parking brake is part of the rear caliper. In these years it seems service procedures differed and some of these can be difficult to work on. Many mechanics will want to replace the caliper instead of trying to re-seat the pistons. You should talk to your mechanic to see what this procedure might cost.

Exhaust should be stainless steel. But it is 20 years old regardless of the milage.

Tires may be in need of replacement. Standard rims may be 14". Most Alloy rims will be 15's. Either may be difficult to get in the right size. Note, I said may be difficult.

Windows probably look good. However my experience is that the urethane seals will dry up and pull away leading to leaks. You'll find this out when you have a puddle on the front floor. If this has happened most of the way around the glass then the window may be salvageable. If not, then surely a front windshield will be in order. I'd check on the cost of that as well. And don't forget the rear glass too to keep water out of the trunk.

Speaking of the trunk, look closely at the rear fender and rear bumper seams, right behind the rear tires. Experience shows this is a rust out prone area. Certainly repairable.

Otherwise this sounds like a good deal.

Yep, as others have said, BUY, BUY, BUY!!!!!

The 1991 model was a GREAT year for Buick. That was the first year for the electronic transmission, they had just dumped the Teves anti-lock brake system, and the Park Avenue, along with the Lesabre, was getting noticed by the press for their reliability.

Buy the car, change all of the fluids, the belt and the tires (if they are old) and then smile all the way past the $20,000-30,000 tin cans on the road passing themselves off as cars these days.

I own a 1991 Park Ave that was my late mothers. It is an Ultra model with about the same mileage as the one you are considering. There is NO WAY you could pry it from my hands for what the current owner is asking. They are, as others have said, fantastic automobiles. That's right, automobiles and not mere "cars". Buy it without hesitation.

Aaarrrhhhhhhh Matey, Ther be a Park Avenue in your future. She be a fine road ship, but she not be floating so well. Aaarrrhar har har har...:P

Good luck with you new purchase. May it give you many happy and enjoyable miles. :D Dandy Dave!