Moderator Peter Heizmann - Snazzy Dresser... Y/N??

Peter Gariepy

Guest Silverghost

Does Peter per chance sell used cars as a sideline ?

You have to ask yourself this...

Would I buy a used car from this man ?

Guest Silverghost

On a second look...

That material in Peter's jacket looks like it was made from a bolt of NOS seat material for a Chrysler Town & Country Convertble...

You know... The one with the wood door sides !

What you all need to know is that Peter was wearing the suit of our first AACA President Frank Abramson. Apparently Frank had a collection of loud suits as we have two of them saved at the library. Peter was a great sport in wearing this.
I thought the suit was signed out of the WKRP in Cincinatti Museum.

Didn't the guy who use to play "Herb Tarlek" use to dress like that??

Was there white shoes involved too??

With clothes like that, I could easily understand why Loni Anderson use to play hard to get with Peter, er, I mean Herb:D:D

That is a standard issue AACA power tie with the requisite AACA logo. Had I not worn it I'd have been kicked off the board. (honest!)

Thanks Steve for kicking in about Frank Abramson's info. (I figured Peter would) Personally I've seen EarlB wear louder suits.

That is a standard issue AACA power tie with the requisite AACA logo. Had I not worn it I'd have been kicked off the board. (honest!)

Thanks Steve for kicking in about Frank Abramson's info. (I figured Peter would) Personally I've seen EarlB wear louder suits.

Peter,

Had to remind myself all day "don't get mad, get even!". If I were you I'd stay in Arizona for about 20 years and possibly I will either be gone from this earth or chilled by then...Ha! I will keep you posted.

Seriously, it was an honor wearing Frank's suit coupled with a lot of fun for a worthy event: "Your club's "Night at the Museum" gala" held at Your Club's Museum".

If I posted the comments received from attendees from the low end to the top end of the scale, I would have to edit my own post...LOL! Brad (Silverghost) may have something: "Wild Pete's Used Car Lot".

Frank's suit is another example of the treasures retained at our AACA Library awaiting the old car hobbyist inquiries. Some rather unusual items such as the suit to vehicle paint chips to very rare literature for correct restoration questions.

I have been around the AACA long enough to know how we all think. No, there was no title to a Brass Era car in the suit pockets. No, there were no keys to a '20's or '30's car in the pants pocket. One slight glimmer of hope for you folks is ask our Executive Director if there were any items as he had access to the suit a long time before I did.

Best,

Peter J.

Guest Silverghost

My late uncle Mike Snyder WAS a used car salesman/sales manager at Chrisconi Olds in Phila !

He wore jackets like that , along with those thin see-through socks, everyday !

Bought them at Krass Bros. Men's Store in Phila.

Their slogan.

"If you've got to go...

Go in your Krass Bros. suit !"

He did go that way !

Uncle Mike was buried in his Krass Bros suit !

I miss Uncle Mike ...

The photo brought a smile to my face !

PS:

My Dad knew Frank Abramson !

Edited by Silverghost (see edit history)

The suit reminded me of the comment made about the trainer of Secretariat, "He dresses like Super Fly". So Peter, you are in good company with a guy that can train a triple crown winner. :cool:

Good one, Susan. Will remember that the next time I horse around at the Musem. Should also mention that Corky Coker (Coker Tire) did an excellent impersonation of Teddy Roosevelt and went table to table chatting with people. Also, a gent was dressed and looked exactly like Milton Hershey.

The above coupled with the outstanding gas pumps auctioned made for a really nice time.

Peter.

Edited by Peter J.Heizmann (see edit history)

Peter H,

It would appear from the photo that you are the only person in the photo that is appropriately dressed for the event. :D

Some may say your attire is more "period correct" that the "more modern" attire of the other two gentlemen in the photo. ;)

After all, it was an event involving Antique Automobiles was it not?

Regarding your "don't get mad, get even!" statement. Peter G. had better watch out if you decide to get more than just "even". :D;)